Identifying "Company" vs "Personal" calls on 2600hz mobile phones

Rick Guyton

Hi all! I finally made the leap and put my personal phone onto 2600hz mobile. Anyone know how I might be able to differentiate calls that route in via my office number as opposed to my personal cell number? Previously, I'd had a "cellular device" that simply used the office caller ID. But I can't quite do that...

11 minutes ago, Logicwrath said:

Are you not able to pre-pend anything to the caller ID name on mobile?  I suspect you tried that first thing but I am curious.

Well CallerID doesn't come through to the cell. I'd considered adding a callerid number prefix. But, even after dis-associating the phone from my user in SmartPBX, I can't create a call flow for my personal number. ADV callflows says there's another callfow with that number already. Tempted to just delete that callflow via API, but not quite sure what that'd do on the 2600hz side...

OK, I see. I'm not familiar with the 2600hz MVNO, however we're using another MVNO. I think this issue is the same with MVNO and the "normal" call forwarding device, isn't the outbound CallerID handled the same way?

The solution for us would be a feature to set an outbound CallerID in the ring groups. Maybe not very hard to fix...for those who knows how to do it ;)

• 4 months later...

@Rick Guyton This isn't out of the box. But I have pondered this problem also. (same boat your in, but I scrub the poop deck, versus looking at charts "writing scripts" in the captain's cabin like you)

What if somehow you were told a call came into the business. (Pivot or webhook or other thingy)

Then using API, SMS your phone a text "Business"

Phone is ringing to the Caller, but the system actually waits 5 seconds so you get the text and be ready for the call. (Maybe Pivot would provide the 5 second delay?)  

Then Call actually rings your 2600hz mobile phone, and you are aware that it is a business call... 

Just thoughts. Don't know if it's feasible. 

esoare

p.s. Ideally, we'd have an APP (android or iphone) with Pusher (or whatever) that would identify the call to the cell before the cell phone rings.

Our Android and iOS app actually has this feature also ;)
It's using native Google and Apple Push functionality (via OneSignal), sending a push notice before the mobile rings (initiated by Kazoo webhook Channel Create). It shows who's calling and which number was called etc.
However it's not sent until Kazoo trying to ring the device, so a delay in Kazoo wouldn't send the Push earlier (however we can modify the push sending mechanism to trigger when Kazoo rings a user instead).

@tomas_  

Change it to the user in my opinion.

In the U.S.A. Sprint doesn't allow voice and data at the same time. 

If a call to the User's cell phone happens, before the data gets to the app, then the app won't get updated. 

It's a Sprint technology thing. Very frustrating, but, something that I live with. 

esoare