KAZOOcon: hackathon signup and details here! ×

Call Pickup

rdg154

I have a client that is requesting all their extensions setup as BLF - no problem there.

However, they want todo call pickup and be able to press the BLF button and answer that call.

I am using the shared/hosted version of 2600hz - is this possible with this?

Just now, Logicwrath said:

It works for me when I have tried it.  I believe the default behavior will pickup a call from a ringing BLF.  Additionally, you can transfer a call, and the grab it back while its ringing.  At least this has worked for me with Yealink phones.

Same here on the Yealink Phones. 

esoare

Appreciate the reply - this one client is using a Polycom VVX 500 and when I press the touchscreen for BLF extension - it simply dials the user instead of picking up the call.

BTW - above was my first post here - looking forward to being a part of this community - so far we love 2600hz!

Edited by rdg154 (see edit history)

For Polycom, place this in a file. In my case 'site.cfg'. Host the XML file on your webserver and include the url using Advanced Provisioner | Settings | Custom Config URL   

This should activate the phone's BLF and allow the user to steal any incoming call.

<SITE_CONFIG>
<ALL attendant.behaviors.display.spontaneousCallAppearances.normal="1" attendant.behaviors.display.spontaneousCallAppearances.automata="1" attendant.ringType="ringer10"call.directedCallPickupMethod="native" call.directedCallPickupString="" voIpProt.SIP.strictReplacesHeader="0" call.internationalDialing.enabled="0" dialplan.removeEndOfDial="0"dialplan.digitmap="*xxT|xxxxT|[2-9]11|0T|011xxx.T|[1][2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxT|x.T|*xx.T|**xx.T"/>
</SITE_CONFIG>

On 8/31/2018 at 3:24 PM, FASTDEVICE said:
 Host the XML file on your webserver and include the url using Advanced Provisioner | Settings | Custom Config URL   

Hijack alert...

@Logicwrath will the phone still get it's other programming from the advanced provisioner, and if a change is done in advanced provisioner, would the phone take those changes?

Trying to understand the Custom Config URL options a little bit better...

From my testing the order of operation is: 

1. Initial configurations are sent to the phone by the Advanced Provisioner
  2. The phone then requests any additional configuration (custom) that was included in the initial configuration provided by the Advanced Provisioner.
  3. Custom configuration files that include more URLs to additional configuration files.

What this means is, the phone is requesting the additional files, not Advanced Provisioner. All Advanced Provisioner does is include the URL to the additional files within the initial config files as a feature of the phone.  (sometimes I complicate things, so sorry if it's confusing) 

What I have found is additional configurations can overwrite previous with the last being the final setting. Therefore, only include setting that you want changed. I.e. using my site.cfg XML settings, you will overwrite Advanced Provisioner digitmap with the XML digitmap settings.

On another note, here are the optional settings in my example XML file:

1. call.internationalDialing.enabled="0"
  2. dialplan.removeEndOfDial="0"
  3. attendant.ringType="ringer10"
  4. dialplan.digitmap="*xxT|xxxxT|[2-9]11|0T|011xxx.T|[1][2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxT|x.T|*xx.T|**xx.T"/>   

The rest are used to provide BLF and to steal incoming calls. 

For reference, there is a Polycom support doc titled, "Using Statically Configured Busy Lamp Field with Polycom..." aka "Static_BLF_TB62475.pdf" There may be something on disabling the pop-up screens but consider you may also lose the caller-ID info. 

Here is a link to the pdf.

https://support.polycom.com/global/documents/support/technical/products/voice/Static_BLF_TB62475.pdf

I'm flooding this thread with too many convenience links. As with any good forum, links are frowned on as they go stale over time. The right approach is to please search the Polycom support site. ;) 

• 1 year later...
On 9/4/2018 at 9:54 AM, FASTDEVICE said:

For reference, there is a Polycom support doc titled, "Using Statically Configured Busy Lamp Field with Polycom..." aka "Static_BLF_TB62475.pdf" There may be something on disabling the pop-up screens but consider you may also lose the caller-ID info. 

Here is a link to the pdf.

https://support.polycom.com/global/documents/support/technical/products/voice/Static_BLF_TB62475.pdf

I'm flooding this thread with too many convenience links. As with any good forum, links are frowned on as they go stale over time. The right approach is to please search the Polycom support site. ;) 

Hello, I followed this instructions to setup Polycom VVX400. It seems to work as I get the option to pickup when an extension is called, but either it is really not working or I have no idea on how to pickup the call.

What is the "call.directedCallPickupString="" " for hosted kazoo? Is this something that needs to be configured on the site.cfg file above?

Thank you in advance!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks FASTDEVICE!  We had to use this today as we found that the Feature Code, Directed Extension Pickup *87, is not working where it was in the past.
Note:  We use Polycom VVX phones with hosted 2600Hz PBX.  We also use our own provisioning server for custom additions; background logos, Company Directories and user saved settings etc.

Here's what we configured and successfully tested.

Added line buttons via Advanced Provisioner>Device>Feature Keys.  (entered line Label, Address extension number and used Normal Type.  Ex  Jon Doe 1001, 1001, Normal)

Added these line parameters to our site.cfg file on our provisioning server.
      attendant.behaviors.display.spontaneousCallAppearances.normal="1"
      attendant.behaviors.display.spontaneousCallAppearances.automata="1"
      call.directedCallPickupMethod="native"
      call.directedCallPickupString=""
      voIpProt.SIP.strictReplacesHeader="0"
      dialplan.removeEndOfDial="0"
      dialplan.digitmap="*xxT|xxxxT|[2-9]11|0T|011xxx.T|[1][2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxT|x.T|*xx.T|**xx.T"

Restarted phones and tested successfully.

Sent the following instructions to our customer.

Call Pick Up via phone line buttons on your phone - Instructions for picking up an incoming call to another user’s extension

Call Pick Up feature is available for those users who have line buttons configured on their phones. This allows user phone presence, call pickup and speed dialing.

When call rings in to one of these user’s extensions, line button will light up blinking red. User will also see screen pop up of Incoming Call to extension number from a number.

Press the Pickup soft key displayed on phone to answer, then pickup handset or leave on speaker.

Edited by Marie (see edit history)

On 9/4/2018 at 7:40 AM, rdg154 said:

This works great - is there any way to make it where the incoming call does not pop up and just the presence light flashes on each phone - then you can click on that presence button to answer that line?

We are able to control this on our provisioning server cfg file(s) using the following.  Set to 0 to disable.
      attendant.behaviors.display.spontaneousCallAppearances.normal="1"
      attendant.behaviors.display.spontaneousCallAppearances.automata="1"