KAZOOcon: hackathon signup and details here! ×

Recommended OS

tkiziah

• 2600Hz Employees

Hi @tkiziah

The installation guide still recommends CentOS 7: https://docs.2600hz.com/sysadmin/doc/install/install_via_centos7/

Packaging for Debian was almost complete but there seems to be a few issues left to be ironed out before it can be recommended. That said, I run my dev environment by building all the components from source on Debian so if you are comfortable with that, you can use the install guide but adapt it for Debian. You'll have to do the systemd stuff yourself (if you want it) and some other things but for the most part it works pretty well (for dev; I would not recommend for prod).

Thank you @mc_

I will use the centos7 installation guide to get started and familiarize myself with the platform but am very excited to hear that Debian support is in the works. Once I become more familiar with building Kazoo I can hopefully help with the Debian packaging.

@ tomas_

I ran into the same issue with RabbitMQ last night but have not had the chance to work through it so thank you for pointing me in the right direction!

• 2 weeks later...