Shared Line Appearance BLF Help

Olaolu Abiodun

Hello All,

Looking to setup a shared line appearance on about 2 phones (Yealink T54S).

I've looked at the documentation at https://docs.2600hz.com/sysadmin/doc/operation/shared_line_appearance/ but I don't have ssh access where I can attempt to replicate easily.

The ringing on both devices, I get - easy enough with a ring group.

It's the BLF update that I can't seem to figure out. 

The client basically wants one of their buttons (DSS-keys) to blink while the phone is ringing.

The workaround I'm thinking of is just creating a new "user" for the line, point the DID to that user and just register the phones' account 2 to that use (after creating generic sip devices/credentials for them). After that, pointing a DSS key to that line.

Any help would be appreciated

This is most easily achieved via the Yealink configuration file.

Any DSS key can be programmed as follows, to provide BLF key presence etc.

This will show the status of the monitored user as well as provide the ability to answer the phone by pressing the key and also make contact with the monitored party in the way a speed dial key might.

You will need to ensure the Yealink has *23 set up as directed pickup also.

Config as follows:

### BLF Keys - LED Status - Pickup(*23 or equivalent must be enabled as feature code on PBX) - Place Call - Replaces x's and y with valid data for key and account 
linekey.x.label = <BLF label 1>
#line = account on which the user exists
linekey.x.line = y
linekey.x.pickup_value = *23
linekey.x.type = 16
### Value must be valid extension number
linekey.x.value = <BLF ext 1>

• 2 months later...
On 9/26/2018 at 10:54 PM, Olaolu Abiodun said:

Hello All,

Looking to setup a shared line appearance on about 2 phones (Yealink T54S).

I've looked at the documentation at https://docs.2600hz.com/sysadmin/doc/operation/shared_line_appearance/ but I don't have ssh access where I can attempt to replicate easily.

The ringing on both devices, I get - easy enough with a ring group.

It's the BLF update that I can't seem to figure out. 

The client basically wants one of their buttons (DSS-keys) to blink while the phone is ringing.

The workaround I'm thinking of is just creating a new "user" for the line, point the DID to that user and just register the phones' account 2 to that use (after creating generic sip devices/credentials for them). After that, pointing a DSS key to that line.

Any help would be appreciated

@Olaolu Abiodun How did it go? Do you still have questions with BLF's? 

esoare