Pivot Failback for UI

FASTDEVICE

Having this would be wonderful. Ideally, in advanced callflows, you should just be able to add/chain something on to the bottom of a pivot, like any other normal callflow element. Right now, this has to be done via the API or direct in the docs.

• 2600Hz Employees

Pivot expects to be in control of the call once the pivot callflow action is executed. This may mean sending the response callflow JSON back to the callflow executor, but the intent was never to let the response "inject" callflow but to "be" the callflow going forward. Kazoo UI was thus coded to have the pivot action be a terminal action and not allow children.

Some time after Advanced Callflows was ported from Kazoo UI to Monster, the ability to have a "failure" child on the pivot callflow was introduced in case the HTTP request failed or the response was invalid.

I think Darren mentioned that Advanced Callflows is close or on the roadmap for a refresh so I would wager this failure child will be doable via the UI once that's complete.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/27/2018 at 1:47 PM, mc_ said:

Pivot expects to be in control of the call once the pivot callflow action is executed. This may mean sending the response callflow JSON back to the callflow executor, but the intent was never to let the response "inject" callflow but to "be" the callflow going forward. Kazoo UI was thus coded to have the pivot action be a terminal action and not allow children.

Some time after Advanced Callflows was ported from Kazoo UI to Monster, the ability to have a "failure" child on the pivot callflow was introduced in case the HTTP request failed or the response was invalid.

I think Darren mentioned that Advanced Callflows is close or on the roadmap for a refresh so I would wager this failure child will be doable via the UI once that's complete.

That would be fantastic @mc_

esoare

• 7 months later...
On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 4:47 PM, mc_ said:

Hey @mc_ I remember you pointing out the usage for the failure child but I seem to have lost my notes. Would you please refresh my memory and I'm sure others want to know as well, the JSON usage for the Pivot callflow failure? Big Thanks!