Upscalling in 1 zone

Hi guys, quick question. Within the same zone we currently have 2 machines working in sync fro redundancy.

So 2 rabbits, 2 ecallmgr, 2 freeswitches, 2 of everything etc.

My question is, within that same zone can I scall up and add 1 or more of everything or is the Kazoo logic for only having 1 zone is limited to have a maximum of 2 (especially rabbitmq and ecallmgr, im pretty sure the rest we could ? ) I know that on 3.22 we could not have 2 Rabbitmqs work at the same time, we had to switch one off but now the 4.2 both can work at the same time.

Ive tried to find the information in your docs but expanding in only 1 zone does not seem to have any information.

Your input would be greatly appreciated.

• 2600Hz Employees
2 hours ago, Jean-Francois Charlebois said:

I know that on 3.22 we could not have 2 Rabbitmqs work at the same time, we had to switch one off but now the 4.2 both can work at the same time

this is only valid if you cluster rabbitmq servers on the same zone.

as for the number of erlang vm's (kazoo), freeswitch servers, kamailio servers, there's no limit on kazoo imposing that.

• 2600Hz Employees

To elaborate:

Within a zone (generally a data center), you define the AMQP URL of the primary broker in the config.ini file. This URL can be a single instance of RabbitMQ or it could be HAProxy (or whatever) that sits in front of a clustered RabbitMQ (2+ servers). To Kazoo, it is still one logical broker.

You can also (or instead of) define a secondary AMQP URL (and tertiary etc) that will be used if the primary AMQP broker goes down.