KAZOOcon: hackathon signup and details here! ×

Forward to Cell with prefix

Jack Noe

Hi all

When forwarding from the system to a cell phone, is it possible to have the cell phone receive a prefix before the call, for example a number etc...

So we are adding a device, a cell phone and when the cell phone receives calls, i want that a number or letter or any indication that the call is from the system should come along, with the original caller ID

I believe you can't do this, no.  Most of the carriers now are rejecting any non-normal caller ID because of the huge spam calling issues we've been seeing.   We recommend clients turn on the "Press 1 to accept the call" feature or use a softphone which you can send callerID info to.

• 3 months later...
37 minutes ago, Jim_PGi said:

@baze is it possible to change the recording that plays for a forwarded call on a per-call basis?

Well technically anything is possible I suppose?  You'd have to change the recording file itself which I've not done before.  But once it is changed it should just pull that file instead of the existing one.

• 2 weeks later...

It is possible to change the recording, at least if you host your own system.
Just upload a new sound file to the file system (preferably /opt/kazoo/sounds/en/us) and use the command sup kazoo_media_maintenance import_prompt /opt/kazoo/sounds/en/us/ivr-group_confirm.wav en-us. Note the filename ivr-group_confirm.wav, which is is important!)

About notification on incoming calls we have developed a mobile app (iOS & Android) which sends push notices to the mobile that Kazoo is calling. This notification is received on the mobile before the call comes in, and contains info about the caller and which number he called etc. It's also possible to set up this push so Kazoo sends it directly when the call is coming in to Kazoo, before it connects to the mobile.
The app also contains a lot of Kazoo functions, like user settings, CDRs etc.
Contact me via PM if this sounds interesting ;)

Br - Tomas

On 2/11/2019 at 9:24 PM, Jack Noe said:

Hi all

When forwarding from the system to a cell phone, is it possible to have the cell phone receive a prefix before the call, for example a number etc...

So we are adding a device, a cell phone and when the cell phone receives calls, i want that a number or letter or any indication that the call is from the system should come along, with the original caller ID

you can prepend caller name, not number. As example "hotdesk-", "sales-" and etc.