Return to Menu from Voicemail box Option 0

TJ Forsman

If a caller calls in and lands in a users voicemail box. Is there a way to press 0 or another option to return to a predefined place like the auto attendant or a ring group or a user? That way if it is an emergency they can get to a person or is the only option hang up and call back and try another route? 

By default if using smartpbx, pressing 0 will transfer back to the main callflow.  If you want something other than that, you'd have to make a custom advanced callflow for the user, and then you can have their "voicemail" be a menu instead which gives any option.

^true - just keep in mind the user has to be logged in as super duper because you will have to remove the 0 from the main callflow first which is an automatic one.  Otherwise you will get a "must use unique" error when building the new callflow.  It does look like smartpbx will rebuild without giving an error though which is great!  Before if you tried to hijack 0 to a new advanced callflow you'd get an error when you went back to smartpbx.  

Edited by Baze (see edit history)

thank you everyone both options look like great options. They are not using smart pbx but i was thinking we could add a number to main number so there is a call flow there and then pressing 0 would go where they want. taking this one step further I see Darren mentioned making a 0 option in call flows instead. Blaze mentioned you would have to remove 0 from the main call flow for this to work. Blaze is this the main call flow you are talking about? What would be the downfalls to doing this? I get nervous about editing these hidden call flows it says not to edit. 

image.thumb.png.312f871bd0c51d3a9ce3da2153059a1d.png

Yep!  that is the one.  If they aren't using smartpbx, you don't have much of a downfall.  The main issue with modifying those callflows is they can be "regenerated", but looks like at least for the 0 it won't affect things like it did.  So in your case, you should be able to remove from there, save, and then go in and create a new callflow using 0 and have it do whatever you need.  :)