KAZOOcon: hackathon signup and details here! ×

Repeat Smart PBX Virtual Receptionist

TJ Forsman

is there any easy way to have the virtual receptionist repeat its options if you press an option that you define. Example * repeats the full virtual receptionist. I know how to do this in callflows but i was hoping to stay in smart pbx.  I'm sure this is something really simple i am missing. 

• TJ Forsman changed the title to Repeat Smart PBX Virtual Receptionist
2 hours ago, TJ Forsman said:

After doing some more testing i have found if you press an option that is not defined that it says invalid entry and then repeats the virtual receptionist. I can probably make this work but would be nice to define it in smart pbx. Let me know if anyone else has got this working. 

Something like this?

add repeat menu into Virtual Receptionist.png

@Mark Magnusson I forget who the Smaert PBX master is, but perhaps you could ask them to join in.

Another option that would be nice (highjack thread alert) is in the User + Call Forwarding

Have the check box for (ring desk phone also)! 

Had to mozy over to Advanced Call Flows, to tick that box in the User.

esoare

I apologize @TJ Forsman. The Picture was to represent where the "Virtual Assitant" could be added by the Smart PBX developers. 

I did not mean to say use SmartPBXDirectory and it would work. 

Hope that clarifies. 

I see your point of the need. And was just adding a picture of where that option would go, for the developers.

esoare

p.s. That is just a Directory. 

Sounds good. Sorry for the confusion. Thank you for doing that @esoare. I appreciate that. Here is what i am having to do in the mean time. I made a call flow and listed in main number. All it is doing is pointing back to the openhourmenu call flow. I was hoping there was a way to do this in smartpbx with out this. I did find the default action of a invalid entry is to repeat the menu so saying press star in the recording and not defining it worked to but then the system said invalid entry before repeating the menu. I did find an option in call flows where you could disable the invalid entry tone but I'm not sure i want to do that. In this case it might not hurt i suppose. These are the ideas i came up with if anyone can think of anything else. Thank you everyone.  

image.png.5584bb2a399e813ab64bb4e6a66c9a1a.png

image.png.68502cd7af95f54cdf10d1734fde9c54.png

• 2600Hz Employees
17 hours ago, esoare said:

add repeat menu into Virtual Receptionist.png

@Mark Magnusson I forget who the Smaert PBX master is, but perhaps you could ask them to join in.

Another option that would be nice (highjack thread alert) is in the User + Call Forwarding

Have the check box for (ring desk phone also)! 

Had to mozy over to Advanced Call Flows, to tick that box in the User.

esoare

Something like this?

Not sure offhand who would be the expert on this.  But it certainly sounds like a valid use case that would be good to add.  I would recommend filing a feature request with the UI team about it.