KAZOOcon: hackathon signup and details here! ×

Missed Calls

Jack Noe

Hi All.

When i want to disable missed calls when a call rings to a group, it only works if someone in the group picks up the call.

But if no one in the group picked up the call, all phones will receive a missed call.

Is there a way to disable the missed call completely from a ring group, so only direct calls to the device will receive missed calls ?

We have customers that have doorbell ringing to groups, and the missed calls are annoying when no one picks up, as its not a call from a person but from the doorbell.

Or is it possible to have a specific contact, (for example the sip username of the doorbell) have missed calls disabled complete thru the phone itself?

The customer has Yealink T29

• 1 month later...
On 2/25/2019 at 9:53 AM, Jack Noe said:

Hi All.

When i want to disable missed calls when a call rings to a group, it only works if someone in the group picks up the call.

But if no one in the group picked up the call, all phones will receive a missed call.

Is there a way to disable the missed call completely from a ring group, so only direct calls to the device will receive missed calls ?

We have customers that have doorbell ringing to groups, and the missed calls are annoying when no one picks up, as its not a call from a person but from the doorbell.

Or is it possible to have a specific contact, (for example the sip username of the doorbell) have missed calls disabled complete thru the phone itself?

Hey Jack,

I don't believe that Yealink has this capability, and it's not really a function of Kazoo. Like, when a group is rang, all devices get the INVITE. When someone answers, they all get a CANCEL with a Reason that the call was answered elsewhere (i don't recall the specific cause code or text offhand). In this situation, Yealink says, "cool, that was answered elsewhere and not missed." When no one answers the group call, the CANCEL to all the devices contains a Reason NO_ANSWER. To the Yealink, this means that it actually missed a call and therefore presents it in the missed call list. This is a shortcoming of the device, and i'm not familiar of any device that operates the way you're requesting. 

• 8 months later...

There is a setting that can help with this. The phone model does have to support it as well. The Ignore Complete Elsewhere setting will send a packet to a phone that tells the phone the call was answered by another phone in the group. I'm pretty sure Yealinks support this and i think Polycom's due too, but I'm not 100% sure on the Polycom's. You can also get to the setting in smart pbx under devices but we have noticed if you change it there and you use advanced provisioner as well then smart pbx will overwrite advance provisioner settings because it is a one way write currently.  So i recommend changing it here in callflows. 

image.png.6b6284c51a85f12e86d1cb0b245892cc.png

image.png.eb3ebc36559c3067b08db1a5f28562a1.png

On 2/25/2019 at 6:53 AM, Jack Noe said:

@Jack Noe I know this isn't an answer to the "Specific Contact" question. But thought it would be worth "noting" here. 

See if the T29 has this option. This will get rid of ALL call Popup's not a particular contact only though... "features.missed_call_popup.enable"

image.png