Issues with Presence

Good morning community! I am a happy user of the kazoo platform/stack. We've been using it for more than a year now, and it's been awesome, with just a few glitches that were manageable up until today.

So I was wondering if someone can help/guide me on how to troubleshoot a couple of problems I am having. We are running Version 4.2.

• The first problem we are having is related with presence:
    • From time to time, it looks like the PBX forgets some devices are registered, let me explain: 
      • It's odd, because I am not getting any timeout email messages, an I do get them when a phone really loses connectivity.
      • When this happens:
        • kazoo-applications status shows different number of devices on Kamailio than on eCallMgr.
        • kazoo-applications status sometimes lists kamailio and sometime it does not.
        • I can see devices randomly go offline and online on MonsterUI if I refresh the screen.
      • Some partial guesses / conclusions:
    • I am prone to believe this happens when, from time to time, Kazoo (eCallMgr) and Kamailio lose connectivity - even while both reside on the same server.
      • Restarting Kamailio seems to fix this issue, at least temporarily.
      • I know this happened once when we lost networking on our Virtual Infrastructure.
      • But I don't know why it didn't recover on it's own.
    • This issue also causes the following:
      • Then the PBX believes the device is offline, it won't even attempt to route the calls, and calls go straight to voicemail.
  • Another less frequent issue we are having, also related with presence, is that after calls terminate, it takes some time for the PBX to realize the device is not busy anymore.

We are currently running on 1 server for SBC + Kazoo-Apps + MonsterUI, 2 servers for media and 3 servers for databases, still running on BigCouch.

When we first started having the presence issues, when I started using the platform, I managed to reduce most of them by shutting down our secondary SBC, as it was causing a mess due to the lack of cluster configuration.

If possible, I would like to learn how to properly configure it as a cluster, so we can have a valid fail-over in case the primary SBC goes down.

Any help will be highly appreciated!

Thanks much, Ivan

• 2600Hz Employees

Take a look at the clustering guide: https://docs.2600hz.com/sysadmin/doc/kazoo/cluster-guide/

I would recommend upgrading to 4.3 and see if these issues persist. If they do, then we can dig into the nitty gritty and figure out if its kazoo, environment, combo, or just gremlins!