Allow authorized user to place restricted calls from any station

Jim_PGi

I have a client who would like to restrict International Calls for all users, but allow authorized users to call internationally from ANY phone. On some systems this is accomplished with a Forced, Validated account code; the user dials the restricted number and is prompted (i.e. Forced) to enter a code which is then Validated against a list of acceptable account codes. If the user's code is found the call is placed, if it isn't found the call is denied and either reorder tones (fast busy) or a message of some type is played to the user (e.g., "calls to international numbers are not authorized for this user").

Is there an EASY way to configure something similar on Kazoo?

Edited by Jim_PGi
Clarification/spelling (see edit history)

• 2600Hz Employees

Depends on your definition of easy :)

For the most control from your perspective, a Pivot callflow would allow you to maintain dynamic access codes and return the necessary callflow JSON to either complete the call in an authorized scenario, or respond/play media in an unauthorized scenario.

If the access codes are more static, you could look at the menu callflow action and have the valid access codes be child branches of the menu action. Just back of napkin here but I could see:

1. Set the callflow's "patterns":[..] to match international number formats, this way you won't conflict with extension of local dialing rules

2. First action of the "flow" is the menu with a prompt to enter access code to authorize the call

3. Children for each access code and a catch-all for invalid entries

4a. Valid child branches will then have the "resources" action to route the call accordingly.

4b. Invalid will play a media file or respond with SIP error codes.

Maybe this can give you a little direction? You could also look at the DISA callflow to see if that would work better (similar step 1 though to match international calls).