10 Years of KAZOO!

mc_

• 2600Hz Employees

July 28th 2010, the first commit to an ambitious project, Whistle, was made.

We're coming up on 10 years of KAZOO and all its history! Holy moly!

Part of the fun will be a talk I'm giving in March in San Francisco at the CodeBEAM conference. I'll be going through some of the history of KAZOO, how we got where we are today, some war stories, horror stories, hopefully some levity and minimal amounts of 20/20 vision jokes. But come on, there's probably going to be at least one! As a dad, I can't not make 'em!

I would love for folks to come, especially anyone interested in (or already doing) Erlang as this is a premier conference to attend. The hallway track is worth the price of admission and the talks are typically top-notch (excepting yours truly but apparently I know where the bodies are hid?).

Whether you can join the conference or not, I'd also love to hear your stories around this project and maybe include some in the talk if you permit. Are there things you want to know more about, like technical decisions, that I can make sure to speak to in my talk? Anything that sticks out as "I'm really glad I'm part of this community"?

Look forward to hearing from you all!

• 2600Hz Employees

@fmateo05 thanks, its a team effort with 2600Hz, our partners, and the community at large. Thank you for participating here on the forums, I know lots of people are benefiting from your questions, comments and answers!

Oh yeah, if SF in March sounds feasible, anyone can get a discounted ticket by using my code "JamesAimonetti15". I get no kickbacks here, you just get 15% off! :)

Unfortunately I can't attend the conference :(
But I totally agree with @fmateo05, Kazoo is awesome!
It's not very common to develop in a system that (almost) always gives the feeling "nothing is impossible" - Seems like you've thought of everything, or made it work so good that it's possible to do exactly what you want!
With other systems (like FusionPBX) we always needed to build a lot of workarounds and special solutions, that sometimes the WebUI would break afterwards...
The API system is really great, that makes automations and integrations so easy!
Thanks, and keep up the good work!!