KAZOOcon: hackathon signup and details here! ×

SMS Messaging User Guide

Joshuah

Hi,

I would like to set up on our hosted Kazoo platform the newly released SMS Messaging feature , I have no clue where to start with it, like with which program I need to integrate with to have SMS setup and working on our account , would anyone have a user guide or some sheet with proper integration and setup instructions?

I would love to hear back, Thank you very much.

We are currently working on an SMS to Email application. People will be able to SMS your 2600hz landline number and you will receive an email with the content. Additional, you will be able to reply via the received email and the sender will receive an SMS with the content of the email. Looking to have this in beta in the next few weeks. Message me, if you are interested.   

• 4 months later...

FYI : I have an SMPP Gateway KAZOO app which I'm hoping to make available in the App Exchange when it's available. It also hooks into the Kazoo notifications to forward the inbound SMS via email.

SMPP is the defacto standard for exchanging SMS over a TCP/IP link.

• 6 months later...

We are in production with our Email to SMS/ SMS to Email and SMS Forwarding application and looking for a few more strategic partners for our phase two "load testing" rollout while our Monster Application is under development. We are providing functionality for free during the test period and you must be on the 2600hz shared hosting environment to qualify.  Please PM me for more details.     

Email-to-SMS/SMS-to-Email and SMS forwarding features will allow resellers to sell message (SMS/MMS) enabled telephone numbers and use email as the main way to send and receive those messages (Conversational Text Messaging). It’s intuitive for business users and gives sales teams unlimited possibilities to communicate with clients. You can select a single user or have many users share a single telephone number. Additional features include auto-respond and forward SMS to email using your own distribution list of recipients.

Edited by FASTDEVICE (see edit history)

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks everyone that participated in our Email to SMS middleware testing. It was super helpful and flushed out many issues between carriers etc.  We have a decent load on the system and everything is working reliably, therefore, we would like to open the opportunity for testing to those that bring their own carriers.  Again, similar rules apply to qualify for the free test period. You must be a 2600hz reseller and please let us know which carrier(s) you are using.  

• 2 years later...
On 10/20/2020 at 10:07 AM, AlanE said:

FYI : I have an SMPP Gateway KAZOO app which I'm hoping to make available in the App Exchange when it's available. It also hooks into the Kazoo notifications to forward the inbound SMS via email.

SMPP is the defacto standard for exchanging SMS over a TCP/IP link.

Hello    ... have you made it available?