KAZOOcon: hackathon signup and details here! ×

Spanish Prompts for Kazoo Sounds [testing]

fmateo05

ok. 1st don't speak spanish. But you asked for comments, so I downloaded the files anyways to provide improvements. 

So you have two files attached. 

1) (the bigger one) with 130 files

2) (the smaller one) with 107 files

~~~~~~~~~~

I listened to a few files and they seem garbled. 

Garbled: Note the cf-disabled.wav filecf-disabled.wav

Using Audacity: I noticed that at the end there isn't a ending space of time in cf-disabled.wav (this has nothing to do with the garbling)

image.png

Note it seems to be cutoff at the end for cf-not_available.wav cf-not_available.wav

Using Audacity: I noticed that at the end there isn't a ending space of time in cf-not_available.wav, and the file seems cutoff mid word or something...

image.png

I would look at adding an "outro" of time to the files.    .170 seconds like the start of the file might work?

image.png

I added the .170 outro below

image.png

If you listen to the cf-not_available_esoare_outro.wav attached cf-not_available_esoare_outro.wav 

It seems a little bit more clean?

hope that helps out @fmateo05

~~~~~~~~~~

Summary:

Two things i see.  a) some files seem garbled? b) add outro silence to the files? 

Used Audacity to look at the "wave forms" of the sound, as well as editing the one file. 

Excellent. Thanks for the suggestions. I am going to create a new  upcoming revision considering these things. It would take some time but i will improve the quality.

The last file that I uploaded, i had included some more prompts that were left (when comparing the prompts.txt from english and spanish). On English, the prompts.txt list are complete, i am going to translate from that one.

Edited by fmateo05 (see edit history)

19 hours ago, fmateo05 said:

Excellent. Thanks for the suggestions. I am going to create a new  upcoming revision considering these things. It would take some time but i will improve the quality.

The last file that I uploaded, i had included some more prompts that were left (when comparing the prompts.txt from english and spanish). On English, the prompts.txt list are complete, i am going to translate from that one.

Uploaded a newer archive with the corrections. Hope it works as expected (i am also testing here).

• 1 year later...