KAZOOcon: hackathon signup and details here! ×

Calls to an extension started to go straight to VM!!

avig2

Hello,

A law practice just moved back into their office and 2 serious issues have just popped up out of nowhere.

1. One device/extension (Yealink t46S) goes directly to VM, no ringing (it happens to be the bosses phone, he's not happy)

2. One of the secretaries phones/extension) won't ring to her extension.

I have went over the settings in Advanced Provisioner, Smart PBX and the phones themselves. I can't find any reason why this is occurring.

In what is a probably related issue, both these phones are part of the main ring group and as you could imagine their extensions no longer ring.

PLEASE ADVISE

Thanks,

Avi

P.S. I have call logs but I"m not sure how to properly post them (i.e. which information needs to be hidden)

Do not disturb is not on. Yes, the phone is registered and could make outbound calls, the phone could also pick up parked calls.

The only issue I see so far is, that this device is no longer part of the ring group and can't be directly transferred to.

10 minutes ago, avig2 said:

Do not disturb is not on. Yes, the phone is registered and could make outbound calls, the phone could also pick up parked calls.

The only issue I see so far is, that this device is no longer part of the ring group and can't be directly transferred to.

Hi,

Did you use the advanced call flows to create the paths to the users/devices?

Are these built in smart PBX?

Esoare

P.s. did you try a restart from Advanced Provisioner?

Double check your ring groups or call flows to make sure the users or devices are in the groups, try not to mix devices and users that may cause problems...

I created the users and added the devices via smartpbx, and I used the advanced provisioned to set the keys. I did do a restart from advanced provisioner.

I double checked the ring group as well.

Should I try a factory restart on the devices?

i think the logs could probably help, but I’m not knowledgeable enough to read them

Do a factory reset on them and let us know the results.

Do you have access to those phones now?

Do you have web access to them remotely?

Esoare

P.s. If the reset doesn't work, try a firmware update in the same family. I/e 83.10 to 83.50

Ok,  So I thought this was resolved but... I was wrong.

This is what happened. When the boss wanted to take a phone home before the closure I left his phone in his office and assigned one of the conference phones to his "user", so he  had 2 phones assigned to him.

The newly added phone worked as his at home and still worked when he brought it back to office and I changed the "user" back to a conference phone.  But the boss's phone only works for outbound or picking up a parked call, but wont ring if part of ring group or transferred to. My bandage fix was swapping phones, changing the conference phone back to the boss by changing the "user", and changing the boss's phone to a conference room phone.

Issue now is that the conference room phone now can't receive inbound calls.

So basically adding a 2nd phone to same "User" seemed to have caused the issue

Also, the secretary's phone still doesn't receive inbound calls, although I never added a 2nd phone to her "user" 

When I try to dial directly the error on the yealink screen says "unable to comply"

I"m not an expert in reading call logs but this looks kind of funny, not sure if that helps.

"custom_sip_headers": {},
    "disposition": "DELAYED NEGOTIATION",

8 hours ago, avig2 said:

Ok,  So I thought this was resolved but... I was wrong.

This is what happened. When the boss wanted to take a phone home before the closure I left his phone in his office and assigned one of the conference phones to his "user", so he  had 2 phones assigned to him.

The newly added phone worked as his at home and still worked when he brought it back to office and I changed the "user" back to a conference phone.  But the boss's phone only works for outbound or picking up a parked call, but wont ring if part of ring group or transferred to. My bandage fix was swapping phones, changing the conference phone back to the boss by changing the "user", and changing the boss's phone to a conference room phone.

Issue now is that the conference room phone now can't receive inbound calls.

So basically adding a 2nd phone to same "User" seemed to have caused the issue

Also, the secretary's phone still doesn't receive inbound calls, although I never added a 2nd phone to her "user" 

When I try to dial directly the error on the yealink screen says "unable to comply"

I"m not an expert in reading call logs but this looks kind of funny, not sure if that helps.

"custom_sip_headers": {},
    "disposition": "DELAYED NEGOTIATION",

Are you sure the devices don’t have the same SIP username/password?

that may be the issue...

esoare

p.s. Hope you get this resolved Monday!

I checked that, each device has its own username password. Im completely dumbfounded as to how to fix this! 

I would delete the entire account and start over again, but I don’t know if that would help.

Any advice would be super appreciated. I’m going over now to return the devices and stall for some more time.

As usual @esoare was super helpful! Still not sure why the devices stopped working correctly, but @esoare was able to guide me in fixing the issue. 

If i recall correctly

First I needed to delete the device from "Devices" in SmartPBX , then un-assign the device from the "User".  Then I added the device back in SmartPBX and settings in Advanced Provisioner.

Finally I factory reset the device and let it provision itself, and Voila!

(I"m still not sure what the best practice is for setting up a USER with multiple devices)