KAZOOcon: hackathon signup and details here! ×

Test-your-call service

fmateo05

Hi all. Just now i have implemented a test call website (it should be a contest to TheTestCall). 

It is named: TestyourCall (https://testyourcall.blogspot.com). 

The difference here is that TestyourCall is based on kazoo platform and the first one (older) is based on asterisk. It took me  only about 2 hours to complete it and get it running. 

This is the first step stage,  The POTS numbers are from Signalwire (i suggest you to test but please make briefly calls because i need to wait few days for adding more $$ to the space account).

What is your opinion? Test and let me know

Nice @fmateo05 that's some neat stuff. Have you played with Pivot yet? 

I was hung up on a couple of times...Dialed in, rang, hung up. (No biggie, just wanted to let you know) 

Testing went good. Made notes below on the options. 

So Option:

1, I was expecting the system to record me, and when I hit pound to automatically play back the recording. (just from the description you put on the website)

2: Pretty good, would be nice to make slower between the numbers, since it plays very quickly.

3: Very cool. (Just read somewhere about asterisk being able to change the pitch of someone, so they sounded like they sucked helium! Can you do that?)

4: Worked

5: Worked (different hold music...nice touch) 

6: Piercing! Note to self, take headset off before listening again.

7: This reads it like a Number....should be single digits like the DTMF option, also make slower. 

esoare

Thanks for let me know. I am going to review and correct those details. Some of the options uses the pivot application and i could change them to use the signalwire LaML or relay for the digits; before that i am going to check if the tts module can be changed to read as digits and also slower.

49 minutes ago, fmateo05 said:

I changed the scheme in the pivot to this one:

https://github.com/2600hz/kazoo/blob/master/applications/callflow/doc/audio_macro.md

The options involved are the callerid and DTMF. I am going to check the other options like milliwatt and the recording

I took a look at that .md file and the say media type would fit the ticket. 

The Milliwatt was fine! Nice and clear. Probably what it needs to be! (I just listened to it with my headset on...so it wasn't healthy.  

1 minute ago, fmateo05 said:

Ok, done with the Say  media type for options 2 and 7. Now i am finding out how to perform the option 1

2 and 7 are perfect! 

fyi: there is a 2 - 2.5 second delay before the voice speaks when calling the main number... Not a big problem, just something I noticed. 

16 hours ago, esoare said:

2 and 7 are perfect! 

fyi: there is a 2 - 2.5 second delay before the voice speaks when calling the main number... Not a big problem, just something I noticed. 

Done. Reduced the 2 seconds silence before start.

Update: Added option 8 (not yet specified on the voice menu) related to show current date and time (UTC).

Update 2: Now the option 8 is set with the audio macro instead of tts and  specified in the main menu.

Edited by fmateo05
update information (see edit history)

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

They are two pivots, the first one requests the second one (and vice-versa) . And also there is a collect DTMF with record_call callflow action . Then,  the second pivot plays the previously recorded audio file using the URL with another children pivot module that requests the first one again. 

The ecallmgr system_config document has the use_shout = true . On the first pivot the playback terminator is the # sign (on collect DTMF).

Edited by fmateo05 (see edit history)