KAZOOcon: hackathon signup and details here! ×

Schedules per extension

J. Klein

You probably wanted to write advanced call flow... 
So,  In order for the dedicated ext custom schedule to work, I have to build the entire call flow in advanced, and drag in the "time of day function" before  I drag the user. 
which means, if the flow routes to a ring group, and ext 102 is a included in the group, the time of day would effect the entire ring group not just ext 102   

3 minutes ago, J. Klein said:

You probably wanted to write advanced call flow... 
So,  In order for the dedicated ext custom schedule to work, I have to build the entire call flow in advanced, and drag in the "time of day function" before  I drag the user. 
which means, if the flow routes to a ring group, and ext 102 is a included in the group, the time of day would effect the entire ring group not just ext 102   

Whoops, sorry, I just edited my post. Sorry about that!

And no, ring groups are based off of devices or users, not call flows.

Edited by Karl Stallknecht (see edit history)

Thank Karl.
I'm confused...  
A call comes in. 

Smart PBX is set to follow the advanced call flow route. 

the advanced call flow is build like this. 
Menu IVR options to press 1, 2 and 3.

all options are set to a ring group named "Ring all". (Ring all is build to ring all users)
But, one of the users which is 103, would have its own schedule - Let's say its not available on Wednesdays between 9am - 2Pm. 

How do I set this up?

Screenshot 2021-03-03 130326.png

Ahh I see what you're trying to do. I don't think that would work. I would suggest building this a little bit differently. There's no way to set a schedule on a device...only a call flow. That means you can't have a phone (such as 103) set with a different schedule if it's part of a ring group. You would need to create a call flow to point calls to different ring groups at different times. So for example, point your main DID to a call flow with a time of day element, and then duplicate this example that you've taken a screenshot of, and build it a second time without device 103. Then you can route to the one you want based on the time of day. Here is an example:

Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 7.09.38 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 7.09.32 PM.png

So basically, there is one call flow to control the time of day, then one call flow to include device 103 that I named 501, and one call flow to not include device 103 that I named 502.

If you want device 103 to not be able to receive internal calls either during these times, you'd have to create a call flow with extension 103 in it and then apply the same time of day call flow element to it.