KAZOOcon: hackathon signup and details here! ×

Setting up a ISDN-PRI or a FXO gateway

Redstone

Well, yes, I and probably others have experience with this but there are many many different multiport gateways, all with various ways of being setup and with various features/limitations/etc.

So, more detail is needed before a useful response can be provided. 

Are you working with a specific brand/device you are having an issue with, or looking for recommendations, or ???

We are using New Rock Technologies’ 4/8 port FXO gateways, as well as ISDN PRI gateways for PSTN connectivity.   They are pretty generic comparing to others.    I am, really, looking for general method of setting up outside lines with these gateways rather than SIP trunks on Kazoo platform.

Thanks

Ah ok; that's much clearer information. I checked on those specific gateways, and they appear to be versatile enough to do it several ways. The easiest way would be to give each gateway a static IP address, disable registration, and use user/password authentication to select the proper outbound channel, and set your Kamailio server IP as the outbound server address. Then setup the "trunks" as regular outbound carriers in Kazoo, with user/pass, and add the gateway's IP to the carrier ACLs on your Kamailio servers to allow incoming calls.

You may also be able to mess with some settings in the gateways and avoid using individual credentials for each line, and use a single credential for each gateway, and have a ring group or something within the gateway select a free outbound line.

Edited by RuhNet (see edit history)