KAZOOcon: hackathon signup and details here! ×

How to register extension of remote carrier at kazoo

I am new to kazoo and started to explore kazoo for last two months. But I have some previous experience of using freeswitch.

I am using single server installed at Linode. I have  set up a callflow using Callflows app from monster-ui for a number (for example : 995) and using pivot module to fetch instructions for IVR. If I dialled this number 995 from a sip client registered with a kazoo extension , IVR works fine.

But my ultimate goal is to dial this IVR extension 995 from peerless extension.Let me explain in detail. My client is already using service from cloudpbx.peerlessnetwork.io   .  So they will register using their peerless extension (for example :101@ cloudpbx.peerlessnetwork.io)  from sip client and will dial 995 which needs to be routed to our kazoo server. For this, they have provided me a peerless extension which i need to register at kazoo.

Can anyone give me a guideline about how to register this peerless extension at kazoo and ensure call is routed to our kazoo server?

• 2600Hz Employees

KAZOO does not do outbound registrations, meaning it will not register to your peerless account.

One way would be to create a "device" in KAZOO to represent the peerless system and have peerless register to KAZOO (if possible). That would allow extension dialing.

You can also create peerless as a carrier in KAZOO and accept inbound calls from it (peerless IP(s) need to be in the ACLs); but you would need to setup E164 numbers on your callflow. So a little more complicated but would set you up to accept traffic from other carriers as well.

@mc_Thanks for your prompt response. Can you please elaborate what do you mean by "setup E164 numbers on your callflow" ? Did you mean i need to add an  E164 number (for example : +14155552671) to our kazoo account, use this +14155552671 number at numbers array  field of my callflow  instead of my IVR extension 995 and my client also needs to dial +14155552671 instead of 995 to access the IVR of my kazoo server from their sip clients which are registered with peerless extension?  

@Mehedi Hasan Tanim Although outbound registration is not supported with Kazoo, you can make it work by modifying the Kamailio config to use the UAC module. Alternately, (and this is probably the easiest way) you could place an external Kamailio/Asterisk/Freeswitch server outside of Kazoo and use it for the "carrier" for Kazoo; have the external server do your registrations and pass calls along to your Kazoo Kamailio server like normal carrier calls.

@RuhNetThanks for your suggestions. I have some questions

For Approach 1 (Modifying Kamailio)

1 . How i can modify Kamailio config to use the UAC module? Should i need to enable  loadmodule "uac.so"  in /etc/kazoo/kamailio/default.cfg file? if so, then it is already enabled.If any more configuration needs to change?

2 . Where to input Peerless sip username, password and realm in kamailio?

3 . Any more configuration need at kamailio  to route the incoming call from peerless to kazoo?

For Approach 2()

1 . As far i have understood, if i use Asterisk as middleware , then i need to register peerless extension at asterisk and configure asterisk so that asterisk will route incoming call from peerless to our kazoo server.Is it right? 

Yes, the UAC module would need to be loaded, but also some additional config. You add the registration details to the database. Check out the "Nick vs Networking" blog for more info on this--he has a very good UAC explanation and example that you can work from. Not for Kazoo specifically but vanilla Kamailio, but as far as the UAC config it should be the same.

As for method 2, (using external Asterisk as "carrier" for Kazoo) yes you are correct.