KAZOOcon: hackathon signup and details here! ×

Grandstream WP810 Portable Wi-Fi Phone Voip Phone with Mobile Wi-fi connection

fmateo05

I am exploring about this phone on Amazon Store, and would like to gather some more opinions or comments about this  kind of device before proceed to purchase

https://www.amazon.com/-/en/gp/product/B087D5TB7C/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=AZL02BCKN4YR6&psc=1

I have a service contract with my main ISP using Wi-fi mobile internet (Mi-Fi) and stay all time connected to any extension or device registered on my kazoo cluster, currently i am using softphone for now.

On 1/9/2022 at 2:45 PM, bparkhomenko said:

Unless you you have roaming configured correctly i would choose DEC T solution over WIFI.

DECT has many disadvantages and most systems have a limit to how many DECT phones can be added. Wi-Fi phones are the way of the future and are much more practical and scalable, especially since most offices already have building-wide Wi-Fi. Adding DECT repeaters all over the place is inefficient.

2 hours ago, KNERD said:

That's what MESH Wi-Fi is for

Mesh Systems could work with VOIP but they have to be engineered properly.

Mesh topology is less efficient (since the number of hops, modulation over those radio links, and latency all very unpredictably

Multi-hop meshing will decrease the throughput dramatically. Mesh adds jitter.

All depends on the application and number of VoIP devices however I would choose multiple APs over meshing. I don't know any enterprise-level companies using mesh, as last resort if you have no way to run cable, maybe yes but rather than that I would place APs

Capture.PNG

2 hours ago, Karl Stallknecht said:

DECT has many disadvantages and most systems have a limit to how many DECT phones can be added. Wi-Fi phones are the way of the future and are much more practical and scalable, especially since most offices already have building-wide Wi-Fi. Adding DECT repeaters all over the place is inefficient.

I can agree to disagree: Depends on Application, large hospital? – yes, small office?– no

The DECT phone solution is not perfect but it should produce better quality. The DECT phones will be on another frequency and there will be no bandwidth issues as with WiFi. The DECT calls will not be interrupted by other data-intensive applications in turn producing a better quality voice experience.

A few Things to consider

·        Your budget

·        The most important call features and the option to add more

·        Your team size and its potential to grow

·        The range you want your cordless phones to cover

On 1/9/2022 at 3:32 PM, Karl Stallknecht said:

The WP810 was discontinued...WP820 is the newer model.

That being said, we highly recommend them. We have many of them deployed and they work well. Our clients like them too.

FYI 2600hz does not officially support these phones, so just keep that in mind.

Finally i dared to purchase the phone model Grandstream WP810

I have it currently configured on my kazoo cluster. The call quality behaves out of the box. No issues so far (tested with external and internal calls). I am going to keep testing the calls using this device within the two next weeks.

20220115_100616.thumb.jpg.f3a100543eab5e2c4467ecfb094dde63.jpg

20220115_143223.thumb.jpg.6fb252f5dc8e8e0b266f2ea545eeaf21.jpg

Edited by fmateo05 (see edit history)

On 1/15/2022 at 10:45 AM, fmateo05 said:

Finally i dared to purchase the phone model Grandstream WP810

I have it currently configured on my kazoo cluster. The call quality behaves out of the box. No issues so far (tested with external and internal calls). I am going to keep testing the calls using this device within the two next weeks.

Cool! 

Be interested in hearing how that goes! 

esoare

I am currently using most of the calls with this device, and there are still no issues. The wifi-phone is connected to the mobile-internet. Also i raised another cluster environment with each zone on different and distant data centers. No lags so far. Note that i am using lxc on each zone interconnected among them.

• 3 weeks later...