Update: forum changes!

• 2600Hz Employees

Hi everyone, 

I wanted to check in with you about some changes we've been discussing and working on for the improvement of our forum and greater community experience. I'll be posting such updates here as we go along, and I wanted to start off with a big one: SPAM. Problem, right? It's uncomfortable and highly processed nonsense when it's here amongst us, and it ruins the concept of sushi in other parts of the world. SO, in an effort to combat said spammification, the following adjustments have been made to the forums: 

• Guests no longer have posting permissions and can only see the Welcome forum here in which we find ourselves, and they can read these posts but not reply (everyone wave and encourage them to register!)
  • New accounts are similarly restricted until they make their first post in the Introductions forum, so we can say hi and welcome and get a feel for their general spamminess or thereabouts

These are just a couple actions we're taking, along with continued management of the spam protection systems and moderator vigilance, to combat spam and improve the experience here in the forums. As always, I am very keen to hear your thoughts on this and appreciate your suggestions and input on this matter here, as well as in other areas of the community experience you would like to see action on. My DM's are always open, so drop me a line there if you prefer as well! 

Thanks all, happy posting! 

Would you consider letting guests view the forums without registering, to allow search engines to index the forums? The forums search is pretty good, but has some interesting restrictions - ie try searching for "BLF". no results :)

• 2600Hz Employees
12 hours ago, bpbp said:

Would you consider letting guests view the forums without registering, to allow search engines to index the forums? The forums search is pretty good, but has some interesting restrictions - ie try searching for "BLF". no results :)

Hi @bpbp! This is a great suggestion, excellent point, I will review this idea and likely make that adjustment in the near future. Thank you for the feedback and thoughtful suggestion!