Thoughts and feedback!

DanH

• 2600Hz Employees

Hi learners,

I recently sent out an email through the LMS platform requesting your thoughts and feedback on KAZOO Academy and then bootcamp course as it stands now, and while that's percolating I also wanted to open this area up to folks who prefer to make their thoughts a matter of public consumption and discourse! So, please jump in here and share with me and the team what's working and what's not for you, all the while remaining constructive and observing the usual forum rules please. I look forward to continued improvements to the training platform and content and your input is key to that, so anything you say here is much appreciated! 

Hi DanH,

I will greatly appreciate if you can do a course for billing. The documentation for it is very outdated and make it very hard to make it work the right way. From what I can see - when 4.3 came out, billing stop working as it was working before and not much people can explain what to do with it now. 

• 2600Hz Employees
22 hours ago, Sergey K said:

Hi DanH,

I will greatly appreciate if you can do a course for billing. The documentation for it is very outdated and make it very hard to make it work the right way. From what I can see - when 4.3 came out, billing stop working as it was working before and not much people can explain what to do with it now. 

Hi @Sergey K! Thank you for that suggestion, that is a great idea if you ask me; I'll need to work with the team on this kind of material in particular as it represents the confluence of a few different components and concepts in the platform, including both technical and administrative matters. However, I should also mention that we cover some aspects of billing in some of the bootcamp material as well, thought somewhat topically as it is the introduction to the platform really. If I could ask a favor of you, would you mind elaborating a bit more on what you would like to see covered in such content, either here in a DM or email to me? I would be most appreciative for your guidance and feedback on this potential module! 

Thanks again for responding! 

On 7/1/2022 at 7:53 AM, DanH said:

Hi @Sergey K! Thank you for that suggestion, that is a great idea if you ask me; I'll need to work with the team on this kind of material in particular as it represents the confluence of a few different components and concepts in the platform, including both technical and administrative matters. However, I should also mention that we cover some aspects of billing in some of the bootcamp material as well, thought somewhat topically as it is the introduction to the platform really. If I could ask a favor of you, would you mind elaborating a bit more on what you would like to see covered in such content, either here in a DM or email to me? I would be most appreciative for your guidance and feedback on this potential module! 

Thanks again for responding! 

Well, at least cover this particular area: https://github.com/2600hz/docs-sysadmin/blob/master/doc/kazoo/service-plans.md

As you can see in this document - it was last updated back in Dec 13, 2017. I guess it was really outdated. Will be nice to have it covered as much as possible especially with latest changes and additions to Kazoo platform.

Hey I was poking around a bit and completed the bootcamp course. I think its a great start! I don't have any criticisms for it.  One thing that would be nice would be able to designate someone as a manager and be able to send an enrollment email out to new hires and be able to track their progress, see where they had issues and then the manager can do additional training with them. but that's purely just a fluff add on. 

Edited by Skunkbeard (see edit history)

• 2 months later...
  • 2600Hz Employees
12 hours ago, Sergey K said:

@DanH is there any updates on the billing part?

Hi @Sergey K thanks for touching base on this again! So I had spoken to the team leads about this and currently we do not have plans to generate that particular content at this time, for reasons that I'd somewhat alluded to previously. However, I've logged this request with my management team and will follow up with other team members about the particular details contained in that document you linked on Github, about the service plans. I'll let you know here in this thread about what the response is on that particular area and request.

• 3 months later...
On 10/10/2022 at 11:03 AM, DanH said:

Hi @Sergey K thanks for touching base on this again! So I had spoken to the team leads about this and currently we do not have plans to generate that particular content at this time, for reasons that I'd somewhat alluded to previously. However, I've logged this request with my management team and will follow up with other team members about the particular details contained in that document you linked on Github, about the service plans. I'll let you know here in this thread about what the response is on that particular area and request.

Will be nice to have an update on this topic...