KAZOOcon: hackathon signup and details here! ×

VM: Fast Forward & Rewind

Skunkbeard

• Administrators

Heh, love hidden options! FYI there’s a sysconfig needed to enable this. Don’t have it off hand but LMK if you need it and I’ll get OPs to dig it out. I believe it’s on on ZSwitch though. Also 9 will call back the person who left the voicemail!

On 7/22/2022 at 2:35 PM, Rick said:

Heh, love hidden options! FYI there’s a sysconfig needed to enable this. Don’t have it off hand but LMK if you need it and I’ll get OPs to dig it out. I believe it’s on on ZSwitch though. Also 9 will call back the person who left the voicemail!

Yah hidden options are always a fun find! Part of the enjoyment of exploring menus. Oh awesome I didn’t know about the opt 9! 
Ya! I’d love to hear more about the sysconfig. No rush I know you guys are busy making magic happen with all the new features. Been working on using the api to set defaults like VM FF and play oldest first. We are new hosted customers migrating all our customers. Being able to set defaults for options every user/device/menu have will save tons of time in setup over the course of migration and new customers. 

• Administrators

@Skunkbeard the sysconfig wouldn't set the default for you. It only enables it across a whole cluster. You already have it enabled. :) There's no real way to set it up as a default. BUT... if you use the CSV onbaord app, you can define extra JSON you'd like to apply to your NEW users/devices/voicemail boxes. So, you could just define it there. If you want to apply a setting across all your existing voicemails, ect, put in a ticket. I've got a little script I can run against your account to do that for you as a one-off

EDIT:

Just in case any PC/GI/Open Source folks need it, the sys_config is under the callflows doc, voicemail.is_voicemail_ff_rw_enabled that needs to be true

2 hours ago, Rick said:

@Skunkbeard the sysconfig wouldn't set the default for you. It only enables it across a whole cluster. You already have it enabled. :) There's no real way to set it up as a default. BUT... if you use the CSV onbaord app, you can define extra JSON you'd like to apply to your NEW users/devices/voicemail boxes. So, you could just define it there. If you want to apply a setting across all your existing voicemails, ect, put in a ticket. I've got a little script I can run against your account to do that for you as a one-off

EDIT:

Just in case any PC/GI/Open Source folks need it, the sys_config is under the callflows doc, voicemail.is_voicemail_ff_rw_enabled that needs to be true

Awesome thank you for the clarification! I just starting learning programming and the ins and outs kazoo so I apologize for my ignorance. I really appreciate the offer of the one off script. i will look into the JSON as that seems it will fit my needs.  Is the below the JSON format its looking for on import? 

image.png

• Administrators

@Skunkbeard 💯Absolutely correct! This would make all users you imported on that CSV admins, suppress their device dereg notifications  and skip instructions and greetings on all their VM Boxes. IDK if think it's the smartest thing to make literally everyone you import admins. But... that's kinda power of KAZOO, you can if you want! 😀

• 2 weeks later...

I want to thank everyone for the info on this thread.  I did not know about the ability to press 9 to call back the person who left the VM.  Very important feature for a new customer and I would not have been able to provide it without this thread!

1 hour ago, Chuck said:

I want to thank everyone for the info on this thread.  I did not know about the ability to press 9 to call back the person who left the VM.  Very important feature for a new customer and I would not have been able to provide it without this thread!

Awesome! Happy it helped!