Hey, am I late to the party?

Eric Bramini

Hello Everyone!

I have been following all the open source VoIP projects since 2007 and (don't throw tomatoes at me) ran many Asterisk/FreePBX systems.  Around this time I messed with Freeswitch back when BlueBox was the option for a management UI.  I was always intrigued by Kamailio and all the really neat things you could do with it. 

Fast forward a bit and around 2017 I migrated all my FreePBX stuff over to 3CX (once 3CX ran on Linux) and then a few years later I got tired of managing tons and tons of individual 3CX Servers and decided to try something multi-tenanted so I purchased the Netsapiens software stack.  Now I don't have to manage so many individual, virtualized, 3CX instances since i could see and manage all the customers from a  single pane of glass.  It's not a perfect platform (and no platform is) but it felt like some of the common phone system features I was used to were lacking and there are other issues too from a manageability standpoint.  I am not trying to drag other platforms through the mud, just being honest with my opinions.

I have always kept checking in on the 2600Hz project for years and finally decided to give it a try recently since I felt like I needed to try something new to see if I could get something better to offer.

So far, I am really impressed.  Polished and extendable; something I can grow with and add apps for my business case.  Just having a blast trying it all out!

So, hello again and thanks for accepting me into the community!

-Eric

• 2600Hz Employees

Hi @Eric Bramini! Fantastic, love this intro and your insights right off the bat! Very glad to have you and your substantial wealth of wisdom and understanding in this very particular world of ours here in the community, and also thrilled to learn of your early exploration of KAZOO as a platform, it seems you're picking up what we're trying to lay out and that's the dream right there. Are we vibing at 2600Hz right now?! 

Welcome again and thanks for joining us!