KAZOOcon: hackathon signup and details here! ×

Hosted 5.1 Upgrade | Tips

Skunkbeard

Loading Issue: If you are on hosted and go to log in and it gets stuck "loading" (Blue Progress Bar at Top) and nothing actually loads you just need to clear your browsers cache files. (Verified on Chrome)

Call Center:  If you have clients with call center/pro  once they log in it should automate the migration of enabling new call center app and disabling pro. However if you have specific users that you give access to it you will need to go back in and re add them to the new call center app. 

Default App: Also for us we set the default App as Call Center Pro for our clients to simplify login. Because a good amount are older generation. So if you do this then you would have to go back through and set the default app for them. Otherwise they can just access it like they do any other app. 

Patch Notes I got from Support:

Below are the changes from KAZOO 5.0.337 to KAZOO 5.1.88
Bug Fixes:

• Fixed an issue where Syncing numbers resulted in 504 gateway timeout.
  • Fixed an issue where record starts sends empty URL parameter in API payload.
  • Fixed an issue where Call recordings are shown in sequence but the start time is incorrect for calls with an attended transfer.
  • Fixed an issue where custom filtered call logs are not showing all call logs.
  • Fixed an issue where CSV imported users are not added to the company directory.
  • Fixed an issue where Calls are not recorded due to failure to respect recording inherit feature.
  • Fixed an issue where there are more than 2 recordings for internal ON-Net calls.

Features:

• Added support for comm.land version 2.3 (I did try downloading it from user portal and it was the older version. I have a ticket to support about it and will update this when I hear back. Where it says added support makes me think they haven't deployed it) 
  • Improved Call forwarding/failover mechanisms
  • Deprecated Call Center Basic and Call Center-Pro APPS. Now, CC Basic and Pro are a unified App “Call Center” where pro features can be turned on.
  • Enhanced Office Holiday Management
  • Added abilities to allow Pivot request to define custom header values
  • Updated VM system media prompts

Lastly I would just like to thank the 2600hz team for all their hard work to create an amazing product. So thank you guys/girls! You are amazing to work with!

Edited by Skunkbeard
Added last line (see edit history)

• Administrators

This is absolutely amazing @Skunkbeard!!! You were recognized by our internal team and we would all like to thank you so much for contributing all of this helpful information! 

@SkunkbeardLooks like the team fixed the issue with being able to download the new 2.3 comm.land version from userportal. Can you please try again? 

Ashley
This post was recognized by Ashley!

"This is absolutely the steps to correct this! Nicely done!! I hadn't included this documentation in our Forums under comm.land section because I wasn't expecting any customers to have a sandbox version of comm.land. I will work on documenting this in the Troubleshooting comm.land section in case this happens again for another user."

Skunkbeard was awarded the badge 'Great Support' and 1 points.

@AshleyYep that worked! I did run into an issue which I think was unique to my situation as I was running the Sandbox Version on my computer. This caused the Comm.Land App to have an issue loading the account info and I couldn't access anything or the settings. To fix this if anyone runs into it. 

Uninstall Comm.land/comm.io

Navigate to C:\ > Users > %useraccount% > AppData > Local | From there delete anything comm.land or comm.io. I had the following: comm.io-updater | comm.land | comm.land-updater

Then same thing in roaming:

Navigate to C:\ > Users > %useraccount% > AppData > Roaming | Delete: comm.io |  comm.land

Install comm.land and login. 

Thanks for the notes! 

At the moment, we see 2 Call Center apps (identical icons), as well as the Call Center Pro app in the app exchange when accessing from the apps button. In the account manager app (parent level), we see just the 2 identical call center apps in app exchange tab. We enabled both of the apps for now, and instructed the end users to try each one. One of them will show no available queues. Seems to be working for the most part, aside from a few customer reporting stuck external calls, and random errors for "bad identifier". Hopefully this will be patched up soon.

We have a few accounts as well who report BLF keys (using Yealink phones) blinking red as if they're receiving an incoming call, and a power cycle did not work. However, going to debugging app and flushing the keys and then power cycling the phones seemed to have worked in stopping the blinking red. The calls are still showing stuck in the operator console though... 

The quickest way I found to determine which is which. The new one when clicked on in app exchange is free while the other specifies a price. The new one also has the description of features (See Screen Shots).  So you may need to masquerade as the account and go into the exchange and turn the old one off and make sure the new one is enabled.  As you wont be able to know which is which in the account manager apps enabled. 

I believe the patch is already live so you shouldn't be getting "bad identifier" anymore and if you are you may want to open a ticket.  | Looks resolved https://status.2600hz.com/

The patch also fixed the BLF flush function. I was having an issue with it myself and tested after and works without issue. 

Screenshot 2022-10-13 135931.png

Screenshot 2022-10-13 135938.png