Best Wireless DECT Handsets

Logicwrath

Hello,
I am trying to decide which wireless DECT handsets to standardize on.  I am attracted to the Yealink W52P as their appears to be provisioning support for it now.  However, the reviews do not seem as positive as the Panasonic TGP500.

I have experience with the snom M700 base stations and M65 handsets.  These are a bit too pricey for simple installations where only a couple handsets are needed.  However, I do not have any current complaints with them.

I have seen some reviews that suggest the audio is not quite as good on the W52P over the TGP 500 and I have also seen some people suggest that the standby time on the W52P was half that of the TGP500.  I cannot confirm.

Is there some other gold standard for SIP based DECT handsets?  I need to quote one and I would prefer to get something that is not going to create a lot of complaints or service requests

HI There,

So my desk phone has been a W52 for 2 years. It's a decent phone, battery life on the original cheap Chinese made batteries suck.  I swapped them out for Energizer 700mah rechargable batteries so that improved it a bit. The do have 1200 or 2000mah batteries  also which should in theory last longer.

The one caveat i have seen with the W52 even with the latest and greatest firmware is that when i am doing a speed dial it will fail or sometimes the gui crashes on it.  My phone is 2 years old and it is the first gen.

They have since released a new version of the W52 and Polycom just released a cordless handset.

Raj

Unfortunately I've given up on these :-/ All of them (including the Panasonic TGP) had issues that our clients complained about. One big issue is none of them support BLF as far as I can tell so it doesn't allow clients to easily use parking spots. Almost all of our clients heavily rely on parking spots and having them manually use parking spots is out of the question.

We use the W52P all the time. I didn't know that they were finally included in the provisioner. Thank goodness/Why isn't 2600 telling me this? Ugh.

Anyhow, other than not having Combo/BLF buttons they can do everything a T46G can. I've written my user training specifically so that all operations I train on can be done via both types of phones.
Call quality is impeccable.

Battery life is ok, but not incredible. SET THE EXPECTATION ON THIS! These are great for carrying on a belt clip and answering the occasional call that the front desk can't pick up in time or to respond to pages. (BTW, intercom doesn't work last I checked) But you aren't going to get 10 hours of talk time as advertised. I'd say on a good day, you'll get 48 hours standby/5 hours talk time before needing a 5 hour charge. 

Range is always one of those fickle things. Depends on building construction materials, noise, ect. But I've generally never have a problem with single story, single building environments even large ones. I've got one at my home. My house is old and has some weird construction elements. Long story short, I'll just barely get though 3 block walls and that's pretty impressive to me.

Hrm, never used it in that kind of environment. If you try it out, please let me know how it goes. Oh, BTW, they used standard Ni-MH AAA batteries. I've seen clients pop re-chargeable battery stations right next to the phones and I've not seen one spontaneously combust yet. But the manufacture doesn't seem to recommend it.

• 4 months later...