KAZOOcon: hackathon signup and details here! ×

Hold Music at root level account changed Hold Music for sub account

Logicwrath

Hello,
I updated the music on hold of our main account.  A day or two later I was speaking with a client and was put on hold.  The music I received was the new hold music we had set at the root level (us). Is this normal and/or working as intended?

I checked the sub accounts music on hold selection and it was set to "Default Music".  Is this tiered in a way that will not allow me to change the root level setting without effecting the sub accounts?

• 2600Hz Employees
Karl,
i understand "This has always been the case for us" as in 3.22. in 4.0 this should work properly.
if you call your customer and your customer puts you onhold, you should hear your customer hold-media.

Logicwrath,
can you try setting a custom hold-media to one subaccount and retry ?

Thanks

• 2600Hz Employees
so your answer is yes, a did belonging to another account, it goes offnet and comes back (stays onnet).
make sure you set a hold music in advanced callflows, account settings in both accounts.
but it deserves investigation after new year

• 2 months later...
Hi guys - I have a customer account with lots of sub accounts and I want the MOH file to be global. I tried setting the parent with the custom music and the children left as default, but it plays the default hold music on my MAIN reseller account, not the parent for that customer. Is this normal and is there a setting somewhere for this?

Same issue for blacklists - I have a few numbers that should be blocked globally for this customer. I don't want to have to create the same blacklist 1000 times...