Is it possible to setup local survivability?

Logicwrath

We will be pitching our services to school's and I suspect one issue that might arise will be what happens when the power goes out etc..

I suspect this questions might come up.

Is there some kind of edge device that will keep local extensions and paging working in an emergency?

Any plans on building a Raspberry PI type device that syncs with the cluster for this type of thing?  I suspect that would be a huge undertaking.

Yes, I thought about using the 2600hz mobile product for dual WAN implementations.  I probably won't sell more than 50 devices of mobile anytime soon and the monthly access fee turns me off of it.

If dual WAN is the best answer here I will start investigating those options.

• 5 months later...

Logicwrath - we built a pretty sweet survivable solution for a restaurant client recently. (They already have a Cradlepoint 4G backup but that wasn't enough).

- Yealink phones, Grandstream GS-UCM6102 which is an inexpensive PBX. The phones register to 2600 and we also register account 2 to the local PBX but we don't display a button on the phone. So it's always registered but only used if line 1 is down (hosted PBX). This device takes 2 POTS lines and we have their inbound set to failover to these POTS lines if all phones are down at the site. 

We're also integrated with their Valcom paging system using a Grandstream ATA - works great in failover. 

Contact me if you want the details - it works really well for <$200.