Buzz open door via phone

avig2

if the old system is a "Panasonic doorbell system" i guess you would need to change the doorbell,  if its a viking doorbell then you can just make it work with a ATA, 

we buy CyberData doorbells, (very expensive.... if anyone know of a good VoIP doorbell let me know here)  

There's no provisioning in kazoo for ATAs yet, you would need to create a device and register an ATA manually,

then the physical work connecting the device with the buzzer, which is not easy BTW,

It involves connecting two cables from the relay, to a pair of the phone cable that is connected to the ATA, ( totally not easy if you never did it)

There are lots of cool systems out there, and we tried a few, but in the end I decided it was better to keep the door entry systems separate from the intercom, and separate from the phones. We install Aiphone systems that act as two-way video chat doorbells. A customer will usually have this at their front desk and then will also have a door unlock switch installed by their access control provider.

It would be nice if it could integrate with the customer's phones so they could answer it anywhere in the office, but I decided it was too much hassle and too difficult to deal with integration...if someone has a better solution though I'd love to see it.

So for new installations we always have VOIP doorbells like cyberdata, it's ringing a call Flow that Rings all phones and it can even ring a cell phone that you can buzz back from a cell phone, it's not hard to install it's very easy, it just costs about $4-500 each door,

Aiphone is only an option if you want to have ringing at one location, but if you have a couple of rooms in the office and you want the doorbell ringing in each room or buzzing back from a cell phone then this is not an option

no we did now, have you? is it stable? 

BTW the Viking VoIP door-phone is not ready for prime time,  does not have a configurable port number no outbound proxy,  no SRV, has no web access works only with a downloadable program etc....

• 1 year later...

Hi @Tuly

How has your experience been with cyberdata callboxes and SIP paging speakers? We use a few of them at client sites, and have seen some random issues, especially with the paging speakers.

For example putting multiple speakers in a ring group, not all the speakers will ring when the group is dialed, but call them directly and they work fine. We've tried both regualr ring groups as well as paging groups, same behavior. 

Regarding the callboxes (i.e. doorbells), they are provisioned to ring a group that includes certain phones in the office, but trying subsequent calls from the callboxes, it appears that the subsequent calls don't ring the phones, almost as if the previous call was not hung up.

Any experience with these scenarios?

Thanks for your feedback!