KAZOOcon: hackathon signup and details here! ×

Voicemail Transcription

Rick Guyton

If your clients are willing to spend the money use Voicecloud.com They have machine transcriptions and human. I know the guys over there. But the human transcription folks are overseas. The run the vm through a machine first then the humans go and correct it. This is about 90-95% accurate. 

You can use Vitelity.com 's Myscribbit.com. The only thing that sux is the end user gets this go awfully looking frog image along with the mp3 sound file. You could run that through a mail server and strip off all that but what a pain in the A!@%.

I haven't really had clients ask for it or ask for transcriptions.. I use myscribbit internally or four our own sales line.

It's cool to have and way better than google voice. But it's about 85% accurate. 

R-

• 1 month later...
  • 2600Hz Employees
Hi Rick,
Thanks for your suggestion! Voice Transcription would most likely require us to use a 3rd party service, and is not currently a part of our product roadmap. However, I have added it as a user story in JIRA for consideration by product. In the meantime, if it is imperative for customer support, I recommend looking into using your own 3rd party service, and using theAPIs to send the voicemail files over from Freeswitch.