Busy Lamp Field /BLF Best Practices/Expected Behavior

Folks,
I have been testing BLFs with the MonsterUI/Advanced Provisioner.

The results seem to be the same on both Yealink T22 and Polycom IP 550s

Basically, you add the numeric Extension number to the address field of the feature key/line key
Like this:

Seems to work consistently when the account was created in Monster

If the account was added in Kazoo UI, but the source phone existed in the Kazoo UI/Call flow previously, does not work as expected. For example, we recreated our users/devices in the monster ui with advanced provisioner. If any of these previously existing phones are added as a BLF SOURCE, it does not work
If we create a new user/device in Monster/AdvProvisioner it does work as the Source for a BLF
The destination phone can be a preexisting kazoo Ui phone

What is the best practice for implementing BLFs?

Should the BLF address field be the numeric extension?
Should the BLF address field be the alpha numeric sip username (user_xyzx?)
If the user has multiple devices, will blf reflect all device status?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2600Hz Employees
Hi Mike, if you haven't set Presence ID in advanced callflows (or Main Extension in Smart PBX), then BLF will operate the same way it did in Kazoo. That is, it will only monitor a device based on the SIP username. If you have set presence ID or main extension, then you would use that setting as the BLF and it will monitor for all devices belonging to the user. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Katie, I clicked the link you posted and received the following error:

"Sorry! You don't have access to the content you requested. If you think you should have access, please contact the administrator of the community."

I've had that pop up a few times. Is this legit or does the URL/conversation no longer exist? Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 6 years later...