KAZOOcon: hackathon signup and details here! ×

Best practices for Grandstream GXP phones on the hosted network (getting intermittent 403 forbidden errors)

Michael D

Hi,
Does anyone have a Grandstream GXP2160/40 configuration that seems to work well on the hosted platform?
We have a reseller who has had the same 4 phones registered for 2 months, but today started seeing 403 Forbidden errors when trying to dial out. The errors cleared after rebooting.

Can anyone share their working grandstream configuration?

Network Settings "NAT Traversal" None ?
Sip Settings?

Any advice would be great

Thanks

MD

These IP Phones seem like a great value for the money, but after much testing I've given up. The best I can remember is don't use an outbound proxy and if you do, use an IP address (i.e. 8.36.70.3:7000) instead of a domain name. For some reason resolving the DNS occasionally results in a 403 Forbidden error.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi 100T,
Yes, it is working pretty well for the last 2 weeks (new install)
This customer relies heavily on Park zones (Monitored Call Park) There was an issue about 2 weeks ago, where all the presence stopped. Rebooting the phones resolved it.
This particular install was created completely in kazoo ui, and the sip usernames are numeric
Let me know if I can answer any questions
**Also, we are using hosted

MD

I didn't have any issues with BLF, but it doesn't surprise me. Each new firmware release had one new feature working and several broke. Therefore, I fully understand how the $99 price tag including Bluetooth, color screen, and etc. will keep you in the, "I want to make it work" category.    

• 2 weeks later...
We use a ton of these phones without issue. There are a few settings you need to activate/set but the phones are rock solid. We primarily use them on the front desk at hotels as the main console and they get hammered all day and night. I don't think we've had a single failure. If you still need a config I can email it to you. Send me your email address to mark@vsrusa.com if still need assistance.