KAZOOcon: hackathon signup and details here! ×

Display Specific Information (like Company Name) on Inbound Calls

Marie

Customer interested in adding an answering service for multiple companies under his company PBX. Each company will have an separate phone number. Agents will answer for
multiple companies and therefore would need to know and announce to inbound
caller the correct company name.

Wanted to get some feedback and ideas here so I can respond with accurate information to my customer.

I am thinking that the best recommendation is:

- Create a PBX Account for each company
- Create each agent as a PBX User under each company PBX account
- Use their Bria4 softphone and configure devices for each company
- Use Bria4 to setup all company account profiles on agent pc

I am thinking that each inbound call to Bria4 softphone will show the Account name configured and the agent can answer, announcing the correct company name.

I wouldn't create sub accounts for the different companies , it will create the need for 10 digit dialing and incur pstn costs for each call.
Also, creating a sip user per company will incur device costs (unless that is in your favor)
We use Karl A's method mentioned "prepend"
for example, one of my partners has an old vonage number he ported over. He can see "VON" on the phone screen letting him know it is vonage, not his normal calls to his DID.

MD

I will search for the caller ID prepend setup and use.  

So, with the VON example above, can the customer put any code on their company numbers for identifying which number was dialed for incoming calls so they know how to answer the phone using correct company name?

This is great and should solve this customer's need.  Thank Karl and Michael.

I have just tested on my account with my Polycom VVX400 and Bria4 Softphone and it does work, although, it is displaying the prepend name duplicate times on both devices.