KAZOOcon: hackathon signup and details here! ×

Call Recording Inbound & Outbound

Marie

Customer says Call Recording in both directions is really important. We
use it all the time for training and we also have certain phone calls that
have to be recorded. With current provider we have it set to "always on" with no
announcement, but there's also the option to have it just "on demand" where
the user can pick and choose which calls are recorded. 

Will these features be available to our customer?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2600Hz Employees
Hi Marie,
Some of our current customers use a recorded extesion vs. an unrecorded extension and transfer between the two when they wish to activate recording.

In a future release, we may support more recording functionality, but right now it is no different from default Freeswitch.

So default Freeswitch does not have outbound call recording?

Also, are you saying that we could get around this by doing a blind transfer of an outbound call to an extension that ultimately points back to the user who initiates the blind transfer? This method would work as a way to start/stop it, but it wouldn't work for just 100% automatic outbound recording.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators
So you're aware, we are working on being able to store files (all files - voicemails, call recordings, etc. - you choose which ones) on a per-account basis to outside services. Yesterday I got my first PROTOTYPE DEMO (to be clear, NOT RELEASED!) of it working with Google Drive. We are considering Dropbox and Amazon as well.

We are discussing ways to link the links for Dropbox/Google Drive/etc. into the call logs in the SmartPBX Call Logs section so customers can easily login and get the data.

Do people also want these in the user portal? We don't have a way to do it per-user so I'm thinking no... So the admin of the office/account would be the one to retrieve recordings when they're needed?

• 2 months later...
I discovered an interesting way to provide on-demand'ish outbound recording without having to transfer to a recorded channel during a call (as suggested above).

The "ish" part meaning the user would have to initiate an outbound call with the intent to record. So here is goes...

create a callflow, for my example "*99" and begin with the call record widget. 
Second, add a media file stating "Recording Enabled" to confirm.

(or you can reverse the first two steps as not to record the media file.)

and last, add the DISA widget without a PIN. (Make sure if you have an automated attendant, restrict extension access with a regexp; this is always a good idea anyway)

When a user wants to record an outbound call they dial "*99" hear the confirmation and wait for the dial tone. Then dial a number and that call will be recorded.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...