faxes being sent are blurry, recipient unable to read fax

Marie

faxes being sent are blurry, recipient unable to read fax

We have a customer who notified us that they are having issues with blurry faxes.  Anyone else experience this with Monster Faxbox?  Seems the more pages, the blurrier each page gets.

First I've heard of this.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Hello Isaac,

Yes, customer is still having issues.  We are learning that they do a heavy volume of faxing, sometimes up to 250 pages a day.  They are a law firm.  They are shopping around for another fax solution.

We do offer another platform for faxing to our clients but we acquired this client and they would of course like to avoid paying for faxing.  

@Maire are you making sure the client is using a preferred resolution and scan quality for faxing?

Here is what I have found works best:

If you are scanning documents, your scanner software should allow you to set the resolution (measured in DPI or “Dots Per Inch”) of the scanned image. Fine mode fax is 204 x 196 dpi and Standard mode is 204 x 98 dpi, so 200 DPI is adequate for both Fine and Standard resolution faxes.

We recommend you scan your documents in “black & white” to produce a crisp, high contrast image. The key to getting clean looking faxes from a scanner is to make sure the brightness and contrast settings of your scanning software produce “crisp” images so there is as little grayscale in your image as possible. The text and any line art should be as dark as possible and the whitespace should be completely white and free of any “haze” or grayscale. However, sometimes you will intentionally want detailed grayscale images if you are faxing a detailed photo or image.

We have this issue too.  We have auto dealerships that fax large packets 20-30 pages.  In our case the finance company does not really complain about it too much so it has not become a a major issue.  

However, I consider this a "known issue" where the fax quality is not as good as it could be.  I do not currently think this is related to the page counts.  I also do not think this is an issue with the original PDF resolution or scanner settings.  If I were to guess, this is an issue with the conversion process that PDFs go through during the email to fax and fax to email process.  Perhaps some ghostscript settings could be changed that would have a drastic improvement.

• 2 weeks later...