KAZOOcon: hackathon signup and details here! ×

Paging to an Amplifier with Hosted VoIP

esoare

I have a client who is using paging amps to speakers in a store.

Anyone else doing this?

I am thinking either FXS or FXO (not sure which) to integrate to the AMP, then using a Advanced call flow to point to that device (maybe, if it's busy do a message to try again...or just let it give a busy tone).

The Quandry of course, is the fact that I can't control the devices through Advanced Provisioner, and making sure they are programmed properly, before being dispersed to the 11 locations, will be...fun :)

May need to break out that bottle of Pepto-Bismol.

Hey there - yeah, we've used either Valcom SIP pagers before (nice thing there is they automatically do pick up and can be either 1 way or 2 way paging), but in a pinch you could probably use a cisco SPA adapter or something.  Trick will (probably) be that they will want to have the ATA automatically answer the call when it comes in, so you will have to make sure that works - pepto-bismol recommended. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
I agree.

Did you know that the SNOM PA1 has an amp in it? you can hook up 8ohm speakers to it! (how many, i don't know)

But the ideal thing, is to have a device, that integrates with existing systems... perhaps if an ATA was auto provisioned properly, that would meet the needs of the "paging integration".