KAZOOcon: hackathon signup and details here! ×

Voicemail turns on Device light, without User "Owner" ?

esoare

Is there a way (Advance CallFlows) to create a Voicemail box that will turn on a "Device" Message Waiting Notification light on a phone?

I want to avoid creating 13 "dummy users", just to turn the notification on, if possible... if not, then I'll create those "dummy users"

I got it to work using MWI. On a Yealink here is what to do:

1. Account | Advanced | Subscribe for MWI = Enabled
2. Account | Advanced | Subscribe MWI To Voice Mail = Enabled 
3. Account | Advanced | Voice Mail = <your VM number>

The caveat is that the message button, when pressed, tries to dial the VM number set in Account | Advanced | Voice Mail and this will be interpreted as a callflow.

Sure. Let me give you a concrete example. The Main VM setup in SmartPHX is great if you convert your voicemail to email. Otherwise, there's really no way to know when someone's left a message there unless you manually check it. It would be amazing if you could assign a combo button on some phones that goes RED when a message is in the box.

Another example... In doctor's offices, you will often have an person that handles clerical like checking and responding to voicemails for a doctor. Currently, they have to just log in to each doctor's voicemail and check it periodically. If they could have a list of 4 or 5 buttons for doctor's mailboxes that each turn red when they've received a voicemail, this would drastically reduce their work load.

yes, "answered" would be indicated by "RED."
However, would it be possible to have a feature code like "*98" be a prefix to the mailbox number? (I.e. *98101) This way the BLF could dial out the sequence and reach the voicemail box. Otherwise, the BLF will be interpreted as a callflow.  

• 2600Hz Employees
i see what you mean. the voicemail in line type does not allow to set the extension
http://image.prntscr.com/image/ce51ab9babdf4e3488afe8054cf82acd.png

BUT...., FIY...., i just coded the feature to allow BLF subscriptions to vmboxes, uri should be <prefix><vm number> where <prefix> is account dependant with system default to *98 and <vm number> is vmbox number. so in my case *981013 would turn RED when there are new messages in vm 1013 and i can just press the key.

i'll post an update when it becomes available.