failed to query registrar for authentication credentials

Hello,

Registering a device fails in my test kazoo cluster (3 hosts, first is rabbit).

The rabbit.log says that everything is fine (AMQP connections accepted)

But kamailio.log says:
|log|failed to query registrar for authentication credentials for user_test@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (xxx is the ip address)

Any suggestions, where I could start to look for? I used this guide for the installation (CentOS-6.7-x86_64 as operating system) https://2600hz.atlassian.net/wiki/display/Dedicated/via+RPM

Greets,
Andreas

• 1 year later...

@denverUser

Hey, can you provide the log lines above and below the error from kamailio, and answer a few questions?

1. What version of kazoo, ecallmgr, freeswitch, and kamailio are you running? I understand that it's a registration question with Kamailio, but all the versions together will help to isolate if it's a versioning issue between anything. You can use 'rpm -qa | grep {{ something }}' to find out the installed versions (where {{ something }} == "kazoo" for example). Then, if running version 4.0+,  from the command line, you can run 'kazoo-applications status' to see what version(s) are actually running (as opposed to installed). This output will also help in general to see what apps you have running, etc.
  2. Is this a single-server install?
  3. I'm sure you've triple-checked the SIP creds, but I have to ask!

Feel free to remove any personal info from the logs, like IPs or realm names and I'll take a look!