KAZOOcon: hackathon signup and details here! ×

Polycom BLF Pickup

Tuly

Has anyone here had success with polycom BLF call pickup that is provisioned with advanced provisioner?

I am testing a Polycom 550 and FLF pickup doesn’t seem to work, instead of picking up the call, it makes a new call to the EXT,

Any setting I need to change on the phone or in provisioning?

Darren,
we have tested this yesterday with Polycom IP 550 and a bunch of VVX models, the 550 has FW  4.0.9.0509, the phones are reset to default and provisioned with the advanced provisioner, and configured simply as an EXT and 1 BLF,      

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I don't know how this translates to the advanced provisioner, so hopefully another member can give some instruction, but below are the configuration parameters you'll want to use. These enable the device to use the replaces header in a directed-call pickup situation when the BLF is ringing. So, from a use case:

You are watching extension 101 on your device. A call comes in and rings extension 101. Your BLF lamp is flashing for 101. You push the BLF key and intercept the call that was ringing 101.

<call
call.directedCallPickupString=""
call.directedCallPickupMethod="native"
/>
<attendant
attendant.resourceList.1.address="{{ line_key.extension_number }}"
attendant.resourceList.1.callAddress="{{ line_key.extension_number }}"
attendant.resourceList.1.label="{{ line_key.label }}"
attendant.resourceList.1.type="automata"
/>

@Jack Noe

The below would be an example of creating 2 BLF keys. One for 203 and one for 204. I am assuming that, when the extension is idle, that you want the BLF to just dial their extension. In some situations, customers want it to intercom when they dial the extension. In that situation you would add a '*0' in front of their extension number in the callAddress (I.E. *0203). I believe in firmware version 3.3+, you can upload a config file via the phone GUI. So, simply copy this code, adjust the user's names for display purposes, and save as a .cfg file. Somewhere in the Settings (i think) in the UI, you can 'import config' or something like that. Just upload your .cfg file, and BOOM! It'll restart and you can test.

<call
/>
<attendant
attendant.resourceList.1.address="203"
attendant.resourceList.1.callAddress="203"
attendant.resourceList.1.label="John Smith"
attendant.resourceList.1.type="automata"

attendant.resourceList.2.address="204"
attendant.resourceList.2.callAddress="204"
attendant.resourceList.2.label="Carson Wentz"
attendant.resourceList.2.type="automata"
/>

Thanks Extremerotary

<call
/>
<attendant
attendant.resourceList.1.address="205"
attendant.resourceList.1.callAddress="205"
attendant.resourceList.1.label="Test Name"
attendant.resourceList.2.type="automata"
/>

I saved this a cfg file uploaded  to the phone, polycom 450,  it updated with the BLF key but, but it cannot pickup the incoming call on 205 

Edited by Jack Noe (see edit history)