KAZOOcon: hackathon signup and details here! ×

Call screening option?

Tuly

A new potential client is asking us for call screening,
(a call comes in, the caller will state their name, and then the extension that picks up, has the option either to send the call to voicemail or to accept the call)
I was looking for it I couldn't find that option, is there such an option right now?

Thanks all,

• Administrators
We've got a pretty healthy list of new features coming out which will probably consume most of our focus for at least the next month or two. We can consider this after that but we only have so many staff members to work on this.

If you'd like to contribute this somehow you are welcome to in the meantime. Otherwise, perhaps file a feature request in the tickets.2600hz.com site? Then we'll groom that and look for new features at a later date.

• Administrators
Sorry, I was referring to the original request (see title of this thread). I'm not sure why you actually added eavesdrop here, might I suggest opening a separate thread for that request? It is not the same or really related to call screening from a technical perspective and should exist as a different request.

My response was in regards to call screening.

Hi guys - I just went in and created a JIRA ticket (hopefully correctly!!!) for this.  You never realize how much work goes into a simple request until you have to type out the specs, and I'm sure there are many steps I missed.  ;)  Would be a cool thing, though, and we have had a request or two over the years for it too.  Looks like there are around 794 other tickets, though.  The guys over there look to be pretty slammed!

https://2600hz.atlassian.net/browse/ABP-27

• 3 years later...

I know this is an old post, but did anyone ever get a chance to see if they could get this working? Trying to work out a 60 phone deal, and this is a must. 

Basically this is what the owner is looking for:

-Call comes in to your DID or extension.
-Caller hears announcement first that states “You’ve reach person, please announce your name”
-Then the users phone rings and when they answer they here the persons name recorded and have the option to press 1 and connect the call or 2 or hang up and the call goes their voice mail.

Has anyone found a way to do this?