KAZOOcon: hackathon signup and details here! ×

Call goes back to park automatically?

Tuly

We've gotten quite a few complaints, after picking up a call from park it goes back into park automatically after about a minute, we've had those complaints for months, but I think lately I've heard more and more of those,

Has anyone had this Behavior? Or can guide us in the right direction where I'm even starting to look?

Thanks,

Hi Rick,

1) Call in and place the call on park with a DSS key “call Park *3701”

2) Wait for the park ring back

3) While it's ringing pick up that parked call on a different phone with a DSS key “call Park *3701”

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
We are looking into this. Oddly the last person who reported this (Tuly) said we resolved it, and it was confirmed by another client.

But now you are reporting it again, which is weird. But you're also reporting it in a different scenario (not via the ring-back scenario Tuly originally noted). So it sounds like there's really two bugs of some sort, and we've fixed one, but perhaps another one is still lingering.

The more examples you can provide the better, helps speed up our resolution (since we don't know how to recreate this one).

• Administrators
Correct. The issue Luis fixed I believe had to do with the fact that the phones were in the process of being "rung back" and when that timer expired, but infact the parking lot had "cleared" on a different phone, the system erroneously thought the lack of the person picking up the rung-back phone (despite it being picked up elsewhere) meant the call was not picked up, and thus, put the phone back on hold (hence the person suddenly switching back to hold). But that would require:
1) The call to actively be ringing BACK to the original parker
2) The call to be picked up on a different phone

Which does not appear to be what you're reporting.

@Karl: Don't know. I've been unable to replicate it to get the level of detail Darren's giving. That's been my biggest frustration in all of this. It's been going on for months now. I've been getting these reports since late November. But they are SO hard to nail down because they are so intermittent.

EDIT: the best I've been able to get is some CDR info. But a lot of my clients have stopped getting back to me on it. I think they believe I'm just using it to stall them out until they stop bugging me. But I REALLY want that info.

Rick, you can be sure this will be fixed
We were also getting those complains a lot until I decided to go down to a client and listen to him explaining the issue,  as he did it with us multiple times I started seeing a pattern that it happens only at a certain scenario,   and once you have the reproducible steps, it's nothing to find a solution,  like on all technical difficulties

• Administrators
Tuly for the win - thank you for the second successful debug. I am going to find a prize to give you for reporting such amazing reproduction steps. You are literally my hero this month.

Luis has committed a patch for this bug, too, which is apparently different than the original one you reported.