Direct dialing voicemail boxes using a feature key

So this is something that to me is very simple but is not working with our phones in 2600hz. I have multiple clients who want the simple ability to have a key that they can press that just goes straight to a voicemail box. The phones range anywhere from t27ps to t48gs. So like most clients they have a single general voicemail box used for afterhours or whatever and they want everyone to have a key programmed on their phone that they can just press and get to that voicemail. So I go to the auto-provisioner, pick the programmable key select the function as "Voice Mail", set the value as the voice mail box, 105 in this case, and label it as desired. Reboot the phone, I see the config has taken, try it out and I get a message that says "Your call cannot be completed as dialed". So then I program it as a speed dial using these two series *97,,105 and *98,,105 and get the same message. Try just 105 and get the error that it can't be completed as dialed. I have set things up like this before but nothing in 2600hz seems to be allowing you to dial straight into a mailbox that is not your own. Am I missing something, this just seems like a straight forward feature? All we want to do is have a programmable key that goes straight to a voicemail box, not their own, and asks for a PIN. 

Hello Matt,
This has been discussed on the community in the past.  Create a call flow with a number of *98### where ### is the voicemail box number.  Then drop in the Voicemail object and select the same voicemail box.  On the phone side create a BLF key with the same value as the call flow number *98###.

This will will monitor the voicemail box.  The only issue here is that if you assign the VM box to one of the users and they transfer someone to the VM using the BLF key it will send the caller to the voicemail box to review their messages and actually have the external caller logged into the voicemail box to edit and make changes etc..

I suspect one way to work around this is not to assign the VM to any of the users with the BLF key.