KAZOOcon: hackathon signup and details here! ×

KazooCon 2017

Ivan Kohler

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2600Hz Employees

Hi everyone! The official KazooCon dates have been posted. This year we will be hosting the conference online to allow for more international participation. The dates will be November 14th and 15th. We have a ton of fun interactions in mind and will continue to release details in the upcoming months. So get excited! We definitely are :D

There seems to be a lot of interest in the community on CDR collection and analytics. Might be worth some explanation of the common elements and custom_channel_vars of CDRs.

I would be interested in the omnipresence overhaul in 4.1 and any feature updates to Qubicle since KazooCon 2016.

I would also be interested in 2600's short-term road map for whisper/listen/barge.

@Izabell balash

I would suggest Something with PIVOT!

Like a stem to stern including, what the heck do I need to do to, install a pivot server? what programming language, open ports, logic on the pivot server, etc...

If you want an interesting example/use case, PM me and I'll let you know what it is :) Don't want to spoil the surprise if you pick it! 

Edited by esoare (see edit history)

23 minutes ago, mc_ said:

@esoare I gave a presentation at KazooCon 2016. Any programming language that can receive an HTTP request and respond appropriately will work.

haha. Missed 2016. :)

I Checked youtube for your video, but no 2016 videos got upload....i'm recollecting technical difficulties...

Thanks for the pointer there. Some of us are more at the script kiddie stage and need to be shown slowly. Like, if it doesn't work exactly, I can spend a day on something @mc_ can comprehend in 10 seconds what isn't correct and fix it under 10 minutes. 

I am happy to report, that I did get a Open Source project running on my web-server. I am pretty stocked about that! It just took all day. ;) 

esoare

It would be nice to see a presentation about setting up new accounts as quickly as possible.  For example, if I need to deploy a new 30 phone account this currently takes a long time to setup.  The most time consuming part is setting up the phones in Advanced Provisioner.  Setting up 5-25 combo keys per phone manually in Advanced Provisioner makes me squirm just thinking about it.

Perhaps you could provide some scripts, and/or tools to automate this and do some kind of presentation.  Most of the time the the configuration is very similar across all phones.  In a perfect world the Advanced Provisioner would support some kind of top down inherited configuration for things like BLF or model specific phone settings.  However, I would certainly move to scripting if it means i could avoid spending 2 hours mindlessly clicking drop downs and copy and pasting data into fields.

• 1 month later...
  • 2600Hz Employees

@DinkyDonkey Thanks for the feedback. I can imagine we'll have some sort of demo/presentation around Monster UI apps development. In the meantime, if you want to get started, you can check out our docs: https://docs.2600hz.com/ui/ it should have everything needed to help you build an application.

If you have other specific questions, feel free to come on IRC at #2600hz as I'm always happy to chat about Monster-UI dev :)

• 1 month later...