KAZOOcon: hackathon signup and details here! ×

pressing 0 goes to "the recording for this menu has not been set" ?

Tuly

Is this a bug or on purpose?  whenever you have a menu and there's no option 0 specified in the menu,  but when call in and  press 0  ( like most people usually do.... )  it goes to a  recording that says "the recording for this menu has not been set" if you know the pin number....     shouldn't it say "invalid entry"

• 2600Hz Employees

Howdy,

So Kazoo has no "built" in callflows, so it is finding a match for 0 which sounds like a menu.  Perhaps its something that was setup unintentionally?  Also, to handle the 0 exit in voicemail and elsewhere SmartPBX will automatically assign it to the main number.

If you pull the logs for the call and grep for 'cf_' then you would see which callflow ID is assigned to 0:

grep <CALL-ID> /var/log/kazoo/kazoo.log | grep cf_

Feel free to paste them here if you would like assistance!

@Karl Having SmartPBX hijack the '0' exit for voicemail is a problem for many of us using advanced callflows.

If and when we need to review CDRs from SmartPBX, it then configures a bunch of callflows including '0' exit. Anyway to warn us before it makes those changes and prevent those insertions? 

@Tuly, There is a workaround, if you create a '0' extension prior to using SmartPBX, you have effectively hijacked that extension and SmartPBX throws an error.  I believe it throws an error when you try things like add main number--which you wont care to do if you are using Advanced Callflows anyway. 

Just remember to add the '0' extension first before using SmartPBX. 

• 2600Hz Employees

Howdy all,

Sorry as you might imagine got busy yesterday and couldn't look into this.  Also Tuly if you have a way to share your account name with me (or a support ticket) I can look in more detail.

To be clear the 0 extension is not created by SmartPBX until a main number is assigned to the account in SmartPBX and as FastDevice pointed out it should not hijack it if it already exists.  Simply viewing CDRs does not trigger callflow creation so wouldn't have any impact here.

What I am unsure of is how you are getting to a menu.  If you are not familiar with the six standard steps of debugging:

1. That can’t happen.
  2. That doesn’t happen on my machine.
  3. That shouldn’t happen.
  4. Why does that happen?
  5. Oh, I see.
  6. How did that ever work?

We are on step 1, without explicitly creating the 0 extension there would be no instructions that Kazoo callflows could execute to link to a menu.  If it was created via SmartPBX then it would be linked to the main number (unless there is a bug) so the main number would play the same prompt.  Until I can see an example account's callflows or the logs of a call I don't have any suggestions ;)

2 minutes ago, Karl Anderson said:

To be clear the 0 extension is not created by SmartPBX until a main number is assigned to the account in SmartPBX and as FastDevice pointed out it should not hijack it if it already exists.  Simply viewing CDRs does not trigger callflow creation so wouldn't have any impact here.

@Karl, would you please look into when these extensions are created by SmartPBX, as I don't have any accounts with main numbers added to SmartPBX and they are all flooded with "main*" callfows and time-of-days. I'm assuming this occurs when I open SmartPBX??

• 2600Hz Employees

Sorry, slight correction.  The application team tells me that to properly paint the Main Number tab of SmartPBX it is critical that the callflows exist, so clicking that tab creates them.  That would explain it because it would add the 0 extension assignment prior to the main number assignment.  However, they assure me that it only happens if you click on the Main Number tab.  Additionally, they state that refactoring to avoid creating the callflows when loading that tab would be a big change.  As a compromise I have asked that they look into ways to create the callflows but without the 0 assignment until the assignment of a main number.  I will let you know when we determine if that is viable and where it falls on the road map.

Okay makes more sense, as I never create the number in smart PBX, I don't remember clicking and smart PBX Main number ever, but possible,

at least I know not to click on that tab so the 0 shouldn't be created for now, 

What I'm doing till now, is creating a call flow in advance callflow with a number 0,  that goes back to their main menu - for those clients that really don't want an option 0 on a menu, 

• 2600Hz Employees

Yup sorry about that, like I say this is the first report but clearly a button that can unexpected change the routing needs to be addressed and we will.  The technical specifics are going to take a bit to work out so I do ask for some patience on that.

For system admins that have access to the SmartPBX callflows you can remove the 0 (the extension assignment not the callflow) and it will not be added back as long as you avoid the Main Number tab in SmartPBX.  However, if you do not and attempt to create it in advanced callflows but have a conflict file a support ticket and we will take care of it until this is corrected.

• 2600Hz Employees

I added a workaround in SmartPBX 4.1, which will prevent the system from adding "0" to the main callflow until a user adds an actual main number to the system. When that number is added through SmartPBX, then the app will set "0" as a Main Number.

Additionally, if a user removes the last main number seen in the app then the number "0" will also be removed and replaced by a placeholder.

Edit: In order to fix empty callflows that would already have been created with the "0" numbers: just clicking on "Main Number" will replace the "0" by a placeholder.

• 1 month later...
On 7/31/2017 at 3:37 PM, JR^ said:

When that number is added through SmartPBX, then the app will set "0" as a Main Number.

Additionally, if a user removes the last main number seen in the app then the number "0" will also be removed and replaced by a placeholder.

Edit: In order to fix empty callflows that would already have been created with the "0" numbers: just clicking on "Main Number" will replace the "0" by a placeholder.

How could I get 0 to go to a new call flow? 

When I try to do this, I get an error that 0 is in the "MainCallFlow.

I may have clicked Main Number. I don't use that. I route everything through Advanced Call Flows... Can I get the 0 Back, and place it on it's own Call Flow for an operator? 

"data": {
        "numbers": {
            "unique": {
                "cause": "0"
                "message": "Number 0 exists in callflow d502eeadcc47c919b948c73cb29ce497 MainCallflow",
            }
        }
    },
    "error": "500",
    "message": "validation failed",
    "request_id": "bb62d41536e55f97588bec7886343ca4",
    "status": "error",
}

Find the "0" callflow and change the metadata to the below, as it will then make visible the callflow in Advanced Callflows. You can then edit it or, in your case, delete it and start over.

"ui_metadata": {
            "version": "4.0-35",
            "ui": "monster-ui",
            "origin": "callflows"
        },

Just now, FASTDEVICE said:

Find the "0" callflow and change the metadata to the below, as it will then make visible the callflow in Advanced Callflows. You can then edit it or, in your case, delete it and start over.

"ui_metadata": {
            "version": "4.0-35",
            "ui": "monster-ui",
            "origin": "callflows"
        },

Your talking through the API, right?...

It would take a bit for me to figure that out... Not that I mind, but since this is in production... 

I didn't see your post above on creating a 0 callflow first, so SmartPBX can't grab that. 

I opened up a support ticket. 

esoare