911 Management - Multiple Locations

Logicwrath

In the past we talked about "Locations" in Smart PBX.  There was a lot of interest for this.  Having locations would make managing 911 easier if we could assign a 911 number to a "location".  At this time it is becoming very cumbersome to manage 911 for accounts with multiple locations.  We have to edit the user or the device and manually add an emergency phone number caller ID.  It would be nice if we could see a list of all users and all devices and how their 911 information is configured.  It would be better if we could do mass maintenance against that list.

Highly highly agree! :-)

And to add to this, it would be nice if it could be caller ID for regular outbound calls OR e911. Some of our customers want their different locations to show different outbound caller IDs, and remembering to set it on the device level (along with e911 caller ID) is a pain!

So I guess basically just adding the standard caller ID options, but also for a group and not just for the account, user, or device.

Question on this. With the e911 CLID, would we want that DID (which should probably be different than a: the main account number, b: the location number) to ring ALL the phones at that location? 

Kinda, like a default e911 group for that DID number, would always ring all phones.

An alternative, but more complex. would be to do what Cisco does. Have 1 or 2 DID's set for a location, with the addresses programmed. When a device dials 911, it picks the first DID for outgoing CLID, and dials 911. If the call gets disconnected, the 911 operator can call back the DID, and it will RING that specific Device. If a second person call 911, the same is accomplished...

My reasoning suggesting the default e911 DID ring Group, is that customers usually have a Menu Call flow for their main number, and it would be difficult for a dispatcher to reach whoever called 911, if the 1st call to 911 was disconnected.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Hey everyone! As Chris mentioned above, a new app—which will make handling multiple locations less cumbersome—is in the final stages of the design phase. As such, we wanted to share a few visuals from the design process.

It's important to note that these visuals may not reflect the final app with full accuracy. Some information, functionality, and/or layouts depicted in these screenshots may not (or will not) be making it to development, as final mockups are still going thru revisions. With that said, they do represent the general look and feel of the app, so we wanted to share a glimpse of what's coming!

locationsApp_teaser.png

1 hour ago, Josh Sanders said:

Hey everyone! As Chris mentioned above, a new app—which will make handling multiple locations less cumbersome—is in the final stages of the design phase. As such, we wanted to share a few visuals from the design process.

It's important to note that these visuals may not reflect the final app with full accuracy. Some information, functionality, and/or layouts depicted in these screenshots may not (or will not) be making it to development, as final mockups are still going thru revisions. With that said, they do represent the general look and feel of the app, so we wanted to share a glimpse of what's coming!

locationsApp_teaser.png

Enjoy your first + Josh! 

That is amazing! 

p.s. suggest, this should be available somehow through Advance Call Flows also...+at the User/Device level in Advanced Call Flows. 

21 hours ago, Chris Kerber said:

Keep in mind this is currently undergoing quite a bit of design work, so things are bound to change a bit more. We are looking at ways to allow it as a common access utility with the ability to swap locations similar to how resellers can swap accounts via the top level navigation bar. Our main goal currently is to have the Locations app itself serve as ways for you to set up a location along with some details associated with it, and then within other apps that are able to utilize a specific location, have those settings specific to whichever location you're currently "masquerading" as. 

Understood!

That sounds great! 

es

On 8/17/2017 at 3:33 PM, Josh Sanders said:

locationsApp_teaser.png

Wow Josh, this looks amazing! I have a few questions if you don't mind.

While you are masquerading as say San Francisco, would you be able to reference a Portland user/device in call groups or main callflows? We have clients that frequently overflow calls from one location to another.

Also, would Portland users be allowed to use San Francisco caller IDs, extension numbers, etc? Some of our clients have branch offices that need to operate effectively as HQ, but still need different 911.

In addition, we have some users that operate as HQ, but work from home. These users will need their own DID/911. But I'm not sure a full "location" would be appropriate.

Finally, one of my clients has a HQ biller that works out of a clinic that's near her home in Lousiana. Ironically, she doesn't even bill for the Louisiana clinic. It's just close to her. I'm curious if you'd have that user in the Louisiana clinic's location at all. Or, just set her up as a "work from home" style location like above?

How would you handle these situations in your locations app?

Edited by Rick Guyton (see edit history)

Everyone, this type of collaboration is going to drastically improve the product.  I strongly believe that getting the community involved in the planning and development of new features is critical.  I suspect it would be hugely positive if there were more enhancement style threads requesting feedback and/or feature requests for projects in development.  Give the end users and re-sellers the ability to point out what is most important.

Josh, thank you for taking time to post.

Rick, thank you for asking questions.

4 hours ago, Chris Kerber said:

II have to remind again, because this is one of the first times we're pushing out concepts so early in the design phase of this application, that everything is subject to change. I'll make sure that we take all of your suggestions/use cases into consideration when we push it up to technical review though!

10-4. I think we all appreciate being looped in sooner than later. Thanks again for sharing.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Administrators
On 8/24/2017 at 7:33 AM, Logicwrath said:

Everyone, this type of collaboration is going to drastically improve the product.  I strongly believe that getting the community involved in the planning and development of new features is critical.  I suspect it would be hugely positive if there were more enhancement style threads requesting feedback and/or feature requests for projects in development.  Give the end users and re-sellers the ability to point out what is most important.

Josh, thank you for taking time to post.

Rick, thank you for asking questions.

That is the entire point of these new forums :-)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...