KAZOOcon: hackathon signup and details here! ×

System Hold Music on Ring Back

Ring groups allow you to set different media files to play during ringback, but there isn't a way for it to play the default system hold music (whatever is set at the account level). Is there a method to do this? The use case is we have a client with a lot of ring groups, but they all have the same media file play during ringback. They like to change the media file every month, which is annoying because we have to go change it on every single ring group instead of changing it once at the account level, so it would be nice if we could set the ring groups to inherit a setting at the account level instead.

30 minutes ago, Tuly said:

why don't you change the media file? Let's say in all ring groups you have the music on hold selected "mainMOH" go to media and change the .WAV file only on one place

What @Tuly is referencing.

Advanced Call Flows.

Play Media

Select the Media that has the Music.

Edit.

Upload the new file into the media that is named in all the Ring Groups. 

Play Media2.JPG

Edited by esoare
uploaded different pic, that hid sensitive info. Spelled Tuly's name right. (see edit history)

• 2600Hz Employees
On 8/9/2017 at 7:09 PM, Karl Stallknecht said:

Maybe that isn't until 4.1? I definitely don't see it in the UI anywhere...

It was added to 4.1 indeed, in adv. callflows, when dropping a Media Node, you'll now have the option to enter a Shoutcast URL or pick one of your existing medias.

• 1 month later...
On 8/11/2017 at 10:50 AM, JR^ said:

It was added to 4.1 indeed, in adv. callflows, when dropping a Media Node, you'll now have the option to enter a Shoutcast URL or pick one of your existing medias.

@JR^ - So I see this now which is awesome, but the option doesn't exist in ring groups :-( We have a client who wants to hear a SHOUTcast URL stream for the ringback music in ring groups. Can we either have the stream URL option available in ring groups, or have the ability to create a media file that is just a stream URL?

• 2600Hz Employees

I think going forward the best way would be to create media that allow for a Stream URL, but it requires some back-end work. Would you mind filing a ticket against the back-end for this?

Feel free to also file a ticket for the UI to add a Stream URL field to the media dropdown in ring groups!

21 minutes ago, JR^ said:

I think going forward the best way would be to create media that allow for a Stream URL, but it requires some back-end work. Would you mind filing a ticket against the back-end for this?

Feel free to also file a ticket for the UI to add a Stream URL field to the media dropdown in ring groups!

KAZOO-5669 and UI-2890
Thank you!