Feature Code move 6683?

Tuly

On 8/11/2017 at 6:15 AM, Tuly said:

I may have asked ones but do not have an answer, 

what is the Feature Code "move 6683" ?

It is for the following reason.

If as a User, I forward my VoIP phone to my cell phone, using *72 + 1503-xxx-xxxx. 

1) I get an outside call (or another extension) that calls me. 

2) The call gets forwarded to my cell and I am speaking with the caller

3) I can go to my desk phone. 

4) Press 6683 + Send

5) The system will connect the caller to my VoIP phone and disconnect the call to my cell phone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It is to move calls to a user, between devices. 

FYI: hope I'm not spoiling things for anyone :)

This works with 2600hz mobile also! 

I can move a call 6683, between my Desk VoIP and my 2600hz Mobile device by pressing 6683 + Send on my cell phone. And vice versa. 

If that answers your question, feel free to hit that "Green Plus" sign on this post. 

esoare

Thank you understood, Let me go a step further,

is it possible to transfer back a phone call ( was transferred to a cell) from cell phone to the office phone? 

Let's say you get a forwarded call on your cell phone,  and you would like to transfer it back to one secretary is possible to press something like *2101? 

On 8/17/2017 at 7:14 PM, Tuly said:

Thank you understood, Let me go a step further,

is it possible to transfer back a phone call ( was transferred to a cell) from cell phone to the office phone? 

Let's say you get a forwarded call on your cell phone,  and you would like to transfer it back to one secretary is possible to press something like *2101? 

Not that I am aware of. Hopefully it would be available on 2600hz Mobile sometime soon. And even better, on any cell phone. But I am not sure if it is in the pipeline. 

• 4 months later...

@Tuly Sorry I misled you. In the Post below @Darren Schreiber posted answer that. It has to do with Multiple SIP devices assigned to a User. So 2600hz Mobile (which I am using, and 6683 works with) works, but off-net forwarded calls, are not usable with the 6683 feature. 

19 minutes ago, Darren Schreiber said:

To be clear, dialing 6683 scans the system for any other (single) call leg to a user who owns the same phone as the one you dial from, and then moves it. In the case of a forward, there's no phone on the system in-use.

20 minutes ago, Darren Schreiber said:

No, this should never have worked. I don't think that's true.

This feature is used to move an active call from one phone to another - either a Sprint cell phone run via 2600Hz mobile (cause that counts as a SIP Device) or a WebRTC client or an actual SIP Device. NOT an off-net forwarded call.