KAZOOcon: hackathon signup and details here! ×

Conference Moderator PIN Confusion

FASTDEVICE

I'm not sure if I have this configured correctly, so any assistance would be appreciated. 

I've configured my conference to accept a conference number and moderator PIN.

When callers dial a conference bridge number they are asked for the conference number, and then again for a PIN. This is highly confusing and prevented some people from joining the conference. How can I have the system ask for the conference number and then ask if you are the moderator enter your PIN now, otherwise press'#' to enter the conference.

• 4 weeks later...

On the contrary it actually does work (at least to some degree). In user-portal Conference, the moderator is singled out above the other callers and given privilege to control mute and drop of the other callers. It's really a useful feature.   

It just occurred to me that you gave a demo of it in one of your interviews, that's how I learned of the features.

Edited by FASTDEVICE (see edit history)

• 2 years later...
  • Administrators

1) We've heard this concern before, but it's been 15 years now and we've had exactly 0 instances of abuse. But, it's possible.

2) The conference limiter has no relation to the trunks. You are limited by whichever is lower. You do need a trunk for someone to call in from the outside but let's say you have 5 inbound trunks and 5 local extensions  also  call in but your conference is limited to 8, well two of those people aren't going to be let in.

Ok....I know we’ve had clients utilize our conference bridge service For approximately 60 participants before and we assumed the limits were based on the trunking options on the sub-account, so we increased that to account for it. There were no issues reported.

Until we setup/figure out api access, might have to do that again to be safe, although if there were no issues, I can deduce that our conference limite must be fairly high? Is there a default value?