Ring Group Toggle Widget in Advanced Callflows

FASTDEVICE

This is really a useful feature and wanted to start a small thread on it's usage. 

I was wondering if there was any thought on what should happen when a callflow has more than one ring group? (I.e. auto attendant that branches off to different departments with ring groups assigned.)

I'd expect from the way it appears to work, that each menu branch should be terminated with a callflow object that transfers the call to another callflow. This way the next callflow can be an isolated callflow containing a single ring group.

Not seeing it that way. The best example I can find, and one I will certainly use, is when a receptionist calls in sick or needs to take a break, others in the office can login to that ring group and start taking calls. It can also be used to resource balance employees between different departments or business (as long as they are on the same account) for that matter.  

Edited by FASTDEVICE (see edit history)

• 2 years later...

Did you find a solution to this?   I was hoping that you could just define a Ring Group as an Actual Group and then Globally add or remove yourself by that Group, vs each Call Flow that has you in a Ring Group.

So far I've only been able tp duo as you say and add links to other call flows that isolate the Ring groups.   When the Call Flow has Multiple Groups of the same members, that seems to work fine. 

I've also got a Call Flow activated by an Extension, that says press 4 to Login, 6 to Logout and then it does the Login/Logout for 4 different call flows in a row that reception is a member of. (We have 4 Main divisions that they answer the phone differently). That also seems to work. You get the Login/Logout message Multiple times, but at least I dont need one for each Ring Group that Contains 'Reception Users'